Sunday, October 02, 2011

Sunday

You know what?  I am ready to stop all this training!  It is Sunday and I would dearly love to have a family dinner or do something family-y... but my body hurts so bad, I will just hang out at home and do as little as possible.  I will watch some football and work on the baby's quilt.

I would have dearly loved to have gone to the 6:30 meeting this morning, but I couldn't get my body to move fast enough to get me out of here.  Later on, I went to church, where all that sitting, standing, and kneeling was accompanied by moaning for me.

I have a marathon two weeks from today.  Then I am done.  My training is essentially done now.  I am tapering for the next two weeks.  I know I have said it all before... but this time I mean it!!!

Grateful to God for another beautiful sober day.
Grateful to God for good health despite advanced years.
Grateful to God for a family I love and don't put conditions on.
Grateful to God for a sofa and football games - that's the best way to sleep on a Sunday afternoon in the autumn.
Grateful to God for my phone which works sometimes - and carries the voices of my sponsor, sponsees,  friends, and family I love.
Grateful to God that my training is done.

Have a lovely sober day everyone.  And if you are wondering how you will stay sober, my first suggestion is to not put a drink to your lips.


5 comments:

Lou said...

Making it to church after 16 miles is enough for today. Enjoy some down time!

dAAve said...

I LOL after your 2nd sentence.

I'm reminded that our troubles are primarily of our own making. Sometimes, in a not-so-bad way, though.

Syd said...

I would be done too. Enjoy your day, dear MC.

John Doe said...

Great last sentence.It is cool you are running.Exercise has helped me so much I have never been very much for cardio though.16 miles is an amazing accomplishment.

Pammie said...

next time you want to go 16 miles....take the car girl!
I hope today is smoother on the body.