Friday, January 25, 2008

Life's full

I could complain about how busy I am. But I think I will instead be grateful for all that is in my life, because it is all a gift from God. Last night I went out for dinner with my long-time sponsee. We enjoy each other so very much. We went to a Chicago-style Italian Beef Sandwich restaurant, which we both absolutely love. Oh, the decadent pleasure of fattening food!

On the way home, my cell phone rang. It was my friend who has just returned from several days in jail. God bless him. What a shocking experience for one who spent his career in law enforcement. I was glad he could call me to talk about it.

The phone rang several more times and I talked with several more people. Including a man I don't talk about much here, on purpose.

I wish we could capture moods and feelings in a jar and save them for when we need them. I feel very loved and very full and satisfied this morning. There is nothing substantially different today from the days when I don't feel that way. But some days the world doesn't look quite as friendly as it does today.

I am so grateful for this sober, full, happy life.

5 comments:

dAAve said...

Thanks for being a friendly friend.

Syd said...

That sandwich looks really good. Glad that today is friendly for you because you have lots of friends. And I feel as you do about capturing feelings in a jar. I would like to capture my vacation in a jar but instead captured it on film.

Kathy Lynne said...

Yum! Is life full because you are full??

Scott W said...

You have it about the mood being so different for no apparent reason. It is a mystery. And those days when we are so bouyant, so present, are so affirming, too.

Tonight I am very tired and will have a diet root beer and head off to bed. Happy Weekend!

Scott M. Frey said...

that's a great feeling, and I am glad you shared it with us this morning...

that sandwich looks awesome!!