Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday - no time


I need to be out of here in 10 minutes. I usually spend at least a half hour on my posts each morning. Obviously, I won't be doing that.

On Sunday I signed up for another year of my 5 to 6 a.m. time slot on Thursday mornings. I share this time with a couple and they re-upped for the time too. We were all so excited, you would have thought we signed up for ANOTHER million dollars. It feels like more than that to us. I have, so far, made it for 48 weeks straight. I have not yet missed one Thursday morning at church. It is a good deal.

I better get going. Have a great sober day everyone.

9 comments:

dAAve said...

I can't believe it's already been a year. Damn!
48 weeks straight, huh?
I have never done anything 48 weeks straight. Consecutive maybe, but not straight.

Pammie said...

I always think about you on Thursday mornings, knowing you are out there in the world praying.

Scott W said...

Oh, Dave, you always say that.

Short and sweet, MC!

Zanejabbers said...

We were both short and sweet for today. I never go straight ahead, I go gaily forward. Enjoy.

Syd said...

I admire your commitment to life and your church. You are inspiring.

Scott M. Frey said...

that's pretty impressive... I should probably give some thought to doing something like what you're doing...

Pammie said...

hey....did we find the "support responsible commenting" at the exact same time ???? How funny is that?

Mary Christine said...

Pam, I saw the responsible commenting thing on your blog and found the code to put it on mine too! I think it is a worthy goal.

Trudging said...

Isn't it amazing how we can keep commitments once we are sober.