Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tuesday Back to Work

It is 1 degree fahrenheit outside. Will it be twice as warm if it gets up to 2 degrees? I am a slow moving woman this morning. I had a hard time getting to sleep last night.

Yesterday I tried to call my former beau to check on him. He has not been doing well at all. Active alcoholism somehow doesn't lead to a productive, happy life. When a woman answered the phone, I thought of Pam, and just went right ahead and asked if he was home. It was his ex-wife and we had a little conversation. It seems this man is now in jail, she was there feeding his dog and cat. Oh my Goodness. His name and mug shot were all over the news last night and all over the papers. He looks BAD. I feel so sad for him and his family. To watch a talented, intelligent, charming person disintegrate is not something I enjoy.

It does, however, reinforce my gratitude for the Grace of God which has allowed me to remain sober for 23 years, 5 months, and 29 days. Not by my works. By the Grace of God.

Let's try to be kind to each other today, OK?

3 comments:

dAAve said...

I hope your friend gets the help he needs, God willing.

Do they make a special sobriety medallion for 23 years, 5 months and 29 days? I wanna send you one.

Zanejabbers said...

Hi MC. Now that would make a brass brassier damned cold. 1 dgree. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. You are right, that's how it works. Toodles.

Scott W said...

I am tired today and my insides are a bit messed up, but that did not stop me from my morning routine which is the start of all my sober days.

I hope you stay warm. After a certain coldness, can it seem any colder? The coldest I experienced was in Chicago in January, trying to hail a cab to the airport at 5 AM in -30 degree PLUS WIND CHILL!