Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday Morning

Off to church this morning, then to the gym, and then to work.

I am so psyched, excited, happy, motivated, and wonderfully surprised. God's provisions never seem to fail to amaze me.

Remember I said I wanted to run the Anchorage Marathon in June, but I didn't know how I could afford the hotel? (hotels in June in Anchorage run about $300. a night.) But I said I would just move forward on this and see how it works.

Last night I called my nephew who lives in Anchorage. My brother told me he is moving back to Colorado in May. When I asked him where to stay in Anchorage - he said "With us!" He is not moving until July. I would normally not stay with someone, relative or not, but I just LOVE this nephew, and he loves me too! AND, he said he had been wanting to run that race since he moved to Anchorage and now he has an excuse!!!

So, I not only will have a place to stay, but a buddy with whom to run the race. (I would have said 'race with' if Daave wasn't a reader... see how we improve each other?)

So, I get to go pray for an hour now. I love this. I really do. Even on sub-zero temperature mornings such as this.

"Hold your face to the light, even though for the moment you do not see." -- As Bill Sees It, p. 3

7 comments:

Scott M. Frey said...

it all happens for a reason... HP wants you there :-)

dAAve said...

I'm so glad you have a place to stay at.

Scott W said...

That is a quick return on your prayer! Is he cute? lol

Pammie said...

I always think of you on Thursday mornings..I know where you are.
The whole Alaska thing couldn't have turned out better!!! WOW

Mama Dukes said...

and onto your dreams... wow

Pam Jarnagin said...

That's fantastic, MC! Isn't God cool?!

Zanejabbers said...

Two marathons w/i six months. Ghurl, you are going to run your tush off. Enjoy.