Tuesday, December 20, 2005

31 Degrees!

Gosh! It is 31 degrees outside and I am going to get out there while the gettin's good and run. It is almost not freezing! This is practically a heat wave!

I am so grateful that it is a new day. I have a Christmas lunch to attend at the department I worked in for 8 years (started as administrative assistant and left as the department director). I am really grateful to them for inviting me, I have nothing to do with that department anymore and haven't for over 3 years - I am glad they still consider me at least partially a member of their department. It will be nice.

I need to run to REI and get my son the mittens he wants. Who ever heard of paying $100. for a pair of mittens!?!? But I am so glad that I can do that. There were so many years that Christmas was so painful for me because I couldn't afford to get my kids the things they wanted.

I could go on and on but the Colorado sunrise is calling to me "Mary, Mary, come out and run!"

7 comments:

JJ said...

You sound happy today Mary Mary.....I'm happy for you.
I see you,
JJ

Trudging said...

31 degrees it sounds like spring! I lived in Minneapolis for a long time.

dAAve said...

Your son must have been a VERY good boy this year to get a $100 pair of mittens. He's lucky to have a Mom like you.
Now, go run in the heat wave.

Mary Christine said...

I got those mittens. They are so super neat that one of the features is a little soft area on the thumb to wipe one's nose. He will enjoy them on his snowshoeing trip to Yellowstone on 12/26.

Mary Christine said...

And my son has been very very good. Oh, and my run was fantastic!

Anonymous said...

You can knit the mittens......

Mary Christine said...

I knit my own felted mittens. They are super warm. However, my son's mittens are high-tech for snow shoeing and hand knit ones wouldn't do at all.