Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas Everyone.
I am on my way out the door to a meeting. I am happy to be going to a meeting this morning. I am happy that I decided to leave work WAY early yesterday and got my stuff done. I am happy that today will be about getting a run in, getting my nails done, cooking a little, spending a lot of family time. Playing my new RISK! game!

Here are some staying sober tips for Christmas:
Go to meetings, you may find someone who really needs what only you have to offer.
Don't go anywhere you can't leave (be able to walk away or drive away, but don't come with someone else and be dependent upon them being able to leave at the moment you are uncomfortable.)
If you are at an event where alcohol is being served, have a glass, can, or cup in your hand at all times. That way you will not be offered a drink as often, and you will always know what is in your drink.
Get "prayed up" before you go anywhere that may be tempting, upsetting, or you may have expectations about.
Read page 101 of the big book, and really ask yourself the questions posed there, then follow the directions on page 102.

"Keep on the firing line of life with these motives and God will keep you unharmed."
God Bless You. Merry Christmas.

4 comments:

Trudging said...

All good advice

dAAve said...

Yes, and those also work the other 364 days (365 on leap years).

JJ said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours from me and mine.
JJ

Shannon said...

Merry Christmas! Hope your meeting was awesome!