Saturday, December 31, 2005

Last Post of 2005!


I am grateful:
that I can go purchase a new pair of shoes when I am feeling a bit blue (so I did... they are much cuter than that picture makes them look)
that I have completed another sober year
that I have another sober year to look forward to
that my major stress at work will be over some time
that I will probably take a vacation to a beach somewhere warm when it is over
that my old friend posted a comment on my blog tonight

I am grateful that there is a fellowship of Alcholics Anonymous. I am grateful for the bloggers I have come in contact with. I think that is so so so so cool.

I am grateful for all the groups I have been a member of over the years. I am grateful for all the lovely people I have come to know and love in AA - whether or not they stayed sober or remained my friend.

I am grateful for my family. I wish my kids would get back from Yellowstone, I miss them!

I am grateful for my great niece who was born on my birthday and they named her MARY! She will be baptised tomorrow.

I am grateful that I can be a real member of my church today. There was a time when that was the last place on earth I wanted to be. Tonight, they read the name of one of my AA acquaintances in the list of the sick. I started crying when I heard that. I knew he was sick, but I guess I didn't want to believe he was THAT sick.

Happy New Year Everyone.

3 comments:

lash505 said...

Happy New Year 2006

JJ said...

1.) Great shoes.
2.) Vacation, beach, me = jealous.
3.) My kids spent the night over a friends house - I don't miss them too much right now - It is nice having the house to myself.
4.) My great niece (first and only one) was also born on my birthday.
5.) Happy 2006.
I see you,
JJ

Shannon said...

Love the shoes... and yea... that is always a great pic-me-up....

I dated a guy a few years ago who had a daughter with my same name and b-day Shannon and October 3rd... she was a cute little red head too... :)