Friday, December 02, 2005

33 degrees

I think I'll stay inside! I loved the 18 degree run yesterday. The only part of me that was cold was my face. I thought to myself "my face hurts", and in my mind, my three older brothers exclaimed with glee "Its Killing Me!!" Later I told my daughter about my run, sharing the bit about my face hurting. Amazingly enough, she laughed and exclaimed with glee "Its Killing Me!!!" Generations of real cards.

This morning I woke up at 5:15 a.m. and before I looked at the clock, I hoped that it was time to get up. Because I wanted to get up and get going. It is a wonderful thing to want to get out of bed in the morning and get on with the day. My work is very exciting right now. It is incredibly stressful and just insanely intense, but it is right up my alley. This is what I do well.

Yesterday a colleague came into my office, gravely closed the door, and sat down to talk to me. I was really afraid for what kind of bad news she might be bringing. She told me that she had just turned in her resignation. I am happy for her, but unhappy for me. I actually cried when she told me. I am glad that our relationship is OK because 2 or 3 months ago, I got angry with her and actually stormed out of her office and slammed the door! I had to make amends the next day which was terrifying. I had NEVER in my 11 years at the hospital behaved in a way that I later needed to make amends for. Thankfully, she happily accepted my amends and we moved on from there.

I am so grateful for this way to live. I am grateful that I am grateful that I am going to work today. I am grateful that I have a way of taking care of problems as they arise. I am grateful that it is December 2, 2005.

Thanks for reading. What an honor.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your program. I find I want to stay out of bed now that I'm sober, too. How much time do you have? I have sixty five days today.

JJ said...

Well I just got out of bed and I'm feeling lazy lazy lazy. Running...what is that? OMG..I need to go the gym.
I see you,
JJ

lash505 said...

Wow I thought 59 degrees was cold today..

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Yes I have 6 months of sober time and I knit. Keep coming back... to my blog that is. :)

Why don't you post about your knitting as well? We can start a webring together and call it sober knitters.

dAAve said...

It works when you work it.

I'm out of bed between 4am and 5am every morning, 7 days a week. I've been that way since I was a kid, even during all those heavy drinking years.

Mary Christine said...

I love waking up early. It is the best time of the day - I think. I woke up early even when I drank - just like HP'd.

One time at a family reunion in Atlanta, I woke up super early (of course) and thought I would go out of my hotel room and look down to the atrium below... well, there were my three brothers, already up, dressed, and eating breakfast! And a couple of them are drinkers.

And I am humbled to say that I went to my first AA meeting on July 24, 1984 and have not had a drink since. Phew.