Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Lighten up!

This is the toffee that I am sick to death of making. I made yet another batch tonight because I keep finding more people I need to give some to. This is the last batch. I hope never to see any more almond toffee!

Lighten up! That's what my sponsor told me. She said I am a very serious person. Actually I think a better adjective might be "grim". At least right now. Now, if you met me, you would think I am a riot. I am a very funny person. But the last couple of weeks have me so stressed out about work and I am beginning to get totally overwhelmed with Christmas - and I am getting a bit too serious on a regular basis. Take this morning's post for instance. I was feeling grim this morning. Well, shee - up at 3:30 a.m. so that I could make almond toffee and meringue cookies. Was too busy to run even though it was WARM (65 degrees this afternoon!)

4 comments:

JJ said...

I love toffee....I didn't know it was evil. lol.
I see you,
JJ

Unknown said...

What the hell is toffee? I have always wondered how many people actually know what toffee is? I bet is is a small number. So fess up!

Mary Christine said...

It is butter and sugar (with a teeny bit of vanilla) cooked and stirred until your arm breaks. It is like a heath bar - only way better. There is absolutely no redeeming nutritional value.

Unknown said...

butter and sugar....my arteries constrict reading it.