Tuesday, December 06, 2005

So grateful to be a blogger

I couldn't get any blogspots yesterday when I got home from work. I couldn't get mine, or anyones. It was fairly terrible! I was so happy this morning to go check out some of my newfound friends' blogs, and of course, get on my own!

It being Monday yesterday, my sponsee came over. She celebrated 10 years of sobriety on Sunday! I was actually able to find one of my old 10 year chips and pass it on to her. Happy Birthday Janine!!! Yeah! I am so grateful to be her sponsor.

I meant to go to the gym this morning, but I didn't wake up until 5:30! So I will venture out in a couple of minutes for a brisk morning run. It is 23 degrees which is a heck of a lot warmer than it ever got yesterday. I am glad I have all the gear I need to get out and safely run in cold weather. Most of the time I really enjoy a nice, crisp, winter run.

I have read about all the Christmas decorating you all are doing. Usually by this time of year, I have my house all decked out. For some reason I have not been motivated to do it yet this year. I have put the little electric candles in all my windows, and they look pretty at night, but that is all I have done. My neighbor across the street usually puts Martha Stewart to shame so I was flattered when I saw the little electric candles in all her windows on Sunday! Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery (or something like that).

My daughter is coming over on Friday night and we are making the almond toffee and peanut brittle that is our tradition. She is leaving on Saturday for a snow shoeing trip with her brother (my son). They will be staying in a yurt on Saturday night. I really worry about them. But I am so glad that 2 out of 3 of my children really love the outdoors and do all sorts of healthy activities.

I better get running...

2 comments:

dAAve said...

if you don't mind me asking ...

What's your sobriety date
AND
what the hell is a yurt?

(Blogger was down for several hours yesterday; very frustrating, but, one gets what one pays for)

Mary Christine said...

hp'd
You crack me up!
My sobriety date is 7/24/84.
A yurt is a strange little building that is like a tent, only more permanent. I will see if I can find a picture.

Mary