Thursday, December 08, 2005

sober fibers


(This is a picture of the view from my home group taken earlier in the year when it was still light during the meeting.) Tonight I went to my home group. It was a woman I sponsor's 10th AA anniversary. It was so good to be there and watch this woman get a ten year chip. What a thrill to watch the smile on her face and hear her talk. What a miracle this program is. After the meeting, my sponsor, my sponsee, and I went out for tacos (well, actually I orininally ordered a seviche tostada, but it was so cold, I got that wrapped to bring home and got two shredded beef tacos, yummy.)

I like to think of us alcoholics as fibers. Individually, we are weak, flimsy, strands of fiber. But put us together, bound by the program of Alcoholics Anonymous, we are like a very strong rope. We just have to stay in unity with the rest of the rope!

My sponsor got sober in 1973. She is still sober, by the Grace of God. I have been sober since 1984, by the Grace of God. My sponsee got sober in 1995, she is still sober, by the Grace of God.

What a wonderful safe feeling to be in the middle of these two incredible women I love so much. I feel that I am safe in the loving arms of Alcoholics Anonymous.

Welcome to all the current and future fibers of Alcoholics Anonymous. And thank you to the people who have taken the time to read this blog. I think it is such an honor to have you take your time to read this. And to comment - what a wonderful thing to read comments and connect to others. Thank you so much.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Hey you... wow what a beautiful picutre!!!! I have been to Colorado Spings and Pueblo and Denver and Littletown... not Lakewood, what a breat taking veiw to have meetings and I am sure its just as beautiful all snow covered... and I really enjoy your blogs... congrat for you your sponser and sponsee...

Mary Christine said...

Shan - Thank You! I have enjoyed reading yours as well.. in fact I think I will do that right now! I really do enjoy the view at that meeting - of course at this time of the year, it is dark - but the summer is spectacular!

dAAve said...

is that a pink cloud outside?

Mary Christine said...

Well, perhaps, but pink clouds are really an inside job, don't you think?