Friday, June 16, 2006

Friday, June 16, 2006

It's Friday Morning! I am going to go to the gym, run 2.5 miles (please note the POINT in there, not 25 miles; 2 point 5 miles.) come back home, get ready for work.... go to work, and at the end of the day...come home, get dolled up, and go out on the town with the MAN! Oh, I cannot wait! Just please dear God, keep me away from any further retail opportunities today. I have been spending money like I have it.... I cannot continue to purchase a new outfit for every single time I go out with him. It is especially funny since he has no idea what is new clothes and what has been hanging in my closet for years! And the trips to Victoria's Secret have got to STOP! Okay. Enough!

I got to see my sponsee last night for the first time in several weeks. That was good. She has been working almost around the clock on a house she and her partner bought - to fix up and sell. They put it on the market this week. I hope they can sell it at quickly and at a good price. I am so grateful to have those two women in my life.

I am feeling like a 16 year old kid this morning. I better get on with my day. And thank God for it.

"On awakening let us think about the twenty-four hours ahead. We consider our plans for the day. Before we begin, we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives." -- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 86

12 comments:

Mama Dukes said...

victoria's secret?
But all we get to see are boxers?

dAAve said...

You're 16 on the 16th!!

Take that BB quote with you tonight on your date.

Trudging said...

16 huh, I feel my skin breaking out as we speak(or make that write)

Sunshine said...

Your enthusiasm is awesome!!! Sounds like you're standing in the sunlight! : ) LOVE IT!

JJ said...

Better to feel like 16 than 76. Enjoy tonight - and wear the boxers!
I see you,
JJ

Sober @ Sundown said...

I am so happy for you. Enjoy all those good feelings!

MC, I think we should have a contest to name this man. What do you think?

Scott M. Frey said...

MC, I love reading your blog, you make me laugh and smile every day!! Thanks for sharing your life with us!

peace to you!

Tennessee Santa said...

Enough already, we know you have plenty of clothes, and you have enough boxers and they look great. I know that you are beautiful enough you don't need anything from Victoria's SEcret. Just have a good time and relax even or a big ol zit is going to show up on the end of your nose.

Shannon said...

christine LOL
Ia m sooo excited for you MC!!! have fun
enjoy your 2 point 5 mile run!!!!!!
I am still inspired I can run for about 3 minutes straight then speed walk then run 3 minutes then speed walk... I will get there to run and entire mile someday

Gooey Munster said...

You sound gitty and so darn cute. I feel your energy -- as i am reading I am smiling.

I can relate to the shopping for outfits. And Victoria's Secret, a girl has gotta have.

Your green HNT bottoms are very HOT. Life is Good! Have a great evening with your date!

Unknown said...

When me grandfather died my gram was single for the first time since she was 20. She started dating at 78 and married at 80. I was her maid of honor. She would giggle and tell me she felt like a kid. Her man bought her flowers and jewelry and candy. He died after two years but she was gloriously happy during that time. She turned 90 May 31. Feeling like a kid is rockin!

jake said...

Its all good....Enjoy the moment(s)....remember to be of maximum service in all of your affairs.....