Thursday, June 15, 2006

It's a heat wAAve!

So I am wearing my new boxers. Aren't they cute?

The open water swim was so excellent yesterday. It was 102 degrees outside, the sun was shining, and I don't think there could have been a better motivator to hop in some really, really cold water. The water was ice cold and clean. The wind kicked up though, so by the time we had put in a half hour of swimming, there were actually white caps and we needed to quit. We were both tired though and we had only planned on swimming for a half hour. My friend is such a jock, and so young, and only weighs about 3 lbs., that she is usually just so patient with my elderly-ness when we are biking or running. But when we are swimming, I actually was faster! And I actually could stop and offer HER a word of support and some tips on how to swim in open water without drowning. What fun!

The wonderful man needed to cancel our date last night, so we are scheduled to see each other tonight. I am getting more and more OK with this. It is hard to "date" when you are 54 years old, have been married three times, have had horrible experiences with men, and have pretty much decided to be alone for the rest of your life. Then along comes a man who is way more than I ever even dreamed. So, one day at a time, one date at a time, praying every day for God to either Bless it or Block it, I will try to enjoy this for what it is and not what it isn't.

"As we go through the day we pause, when agitated or doubtful, and ask for the right thought or action. We constantly remind ourselves we are no longer running the show, humbly saying to ourselves many times each day 'Thy will be done.' We are then in much less danger of excitement, fear, anger, worry, self-pity or foolish decisions. We become much more efficient. We do not tire so easily, for we are not burining up energy foolishly as we did when we were trying to arrange life to suit ourselves." -- Alcoholics Anonymous, pp. 87, 88

8 comments:

Scott M. Frey said...

nice boxers! I have a "life is good" teee with a golfer on the front, jammin cuz he made a putt! love it!

Open water swimming for half an hour?? Heck, I get tired open water boating for half an hour... or wandering around in wasit deep open water for half an hour, chasing my four year old... I think you're doin just fine MC! Keep goin'!

JJ said...

Cute boxers........nice swimming.....102 degrees.......no thanks.
I see you,
JJ

Unknown said...

First ~ Love the boxers. My girlfriend has a store and all she sells is Life Is Good. Needless to say I have a few items ;)

Second ~ Your abilities are amazing and inspiring. I did do some yoga today but you could kick my arse physically. You are an excellent example for other women like me. Thank you

Third ~ Every time I read about the man I get so happy for you. Have never met you but the bond is there. I have met me dream man and we are still going. 13 years together 11 married. Keep enjoying yourself. Its allll gooood!

dAAve said...

Your swimming friend weighs only 3 pounds? She is young!

Enjoy your date tonight and don't get M-A-Nhandled too badly.

Sunshine said...

"Bless it or Block it" - I've never heard that! Its great! and you are wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

Mama Dukes said...

sounds like God may have had alot to do with the man being there when you are ready--take your time tho but you know that.

Tennessee Santa said...

I like the boxers, they are not just for guys anymore. No man could look that good in boxers, even though some may disagree

jake said...

No, not really! It looks like they printed the message upside down......