Monday, June 26, 2006

Leaving Savannah

I am getting ready to go home! I will be very happy to set foot back on my own little part of the world. Where the air is dry as a bone and crisp when it hits your skin. Doesn't sound good, does it? But one can get used to it...

I just got back from the Early Birds meeting in Savannah. I have never been greeted so warmly at an out of town meeting. I was so impressed with that group! They even asked me to give a lead - strange language for this Denver person... we don't do that in Denver. So I talked for about 10 minutes. It was good for me to do that. It was amazing to me that everyone in that group got to share this morning. I go to groups where there are always at least 2 or 3 blowhards who MUST talk for 15 to 20 minutes, and then the new guy or lady never gets to share. Anyway, it was great to be there, and Thanks Again Mark W. for getting me the 411.

Next post will be from Denver, Colorado, USA.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Stuff!

See - I told ya' they were wild lol...

We have our blowhards here too :-)

Can ya' send some of that dry air here?

Come back again someday.

Have a safe flight.

ODAAT,

Mark

dAAve said...

I have met blowhards, but not in an AA meeting.

Our rule at the AA center is 3-5 minutes, then the chair will stop them (usually).

Scott M. Frey said...

hey, glad to hear your trip went well, I hope your travels back home are safe and uneventful! It's really kool to hit out of town meetings, isn't it? I love doing that!

Sunshine said...

Sounds like an awesome meeting! visiting new ones is always a trip!

Shannon said...

I love going to out of town meetings glad you are having a good time hugs

Unknown said...

New meetings can be really great sometimes.

I know how good it feels to get home even when it has been a great trip.

jake said...

Its nice to know that you are fully enjoyin' your vacation....I am so glad you are not drinking....

Tennessee Santa said...

Hey I resemble that remark about blow hards. They talk about leads in other places. I have not been able to figure out how long they are supposed to be though. I have been told that you can go for the entire meeting time. Where I come from that is a speakers meeting.

JJ said...

Wow...that's great MC. I wish I could of been there.
I see you,
JJ

lash505 said...

Hey where is the boiled peanuts.

Mary Christine said...

Mike S., I tried to visit your blog, but it isn't there! Thanks for visiting mine, and if you post anything on yours, be sure to let me know. I will happily link to yours. Thanks again!

Trudging said...

No blowhards?? Are you sure it was AA? Sounds like a great meeting.