Friday, June 02, 2006

Friday Morning

I am going to tell you all a semi-secret. Only three people I know in "real life" know this. But I am going to tell my whole cyber community:

Tonight I am going out on a D-A-T-E with an M-A-N. (I have to spell it or it might terrify me to death!)

So if you are so inclined, please say a prayer for me and the M-A-N. I am glad you can't see my heart rate monitor right now because my heart is really going!

"When AA was quite young, a number of eminent psychologists and doctors made an exhaustive study of a good-sized group of so-called problem drinkers. The doctors weren't trying to find how different we were from one another; they sought to find whatever personality traits, if any, this group of alcoholics had in common. They finally came up with a conclusion that shocked the AA members of that time. These distinguished men had the nerve to say that most of the alcoholics under investigation were still childish, emotionally sensitive, and grandiose." --Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 123

13 comments:

dAAve said...

He's a lucky M-A-N.
Just remember to practice the principles in all your AFFAIRS!

Tennessee Santa said...

It is ok to say it out loud. How wonderful Mary is going to go on a real date with a man. I am so happy for you. I will pray that you both have a wonderful time this evening.

I am not so sure about that quote how dare they say we are childish, emotionally sensitive, and grandiose. Don't they know who we really are.

FAEA

Tennessee Santa said...

After daaves post I just had to find out if you have been to home depot lately.

Anonymous said...

Hahahaaa
I think the entire blogging community will be racing over there right now!!

Good luck!! How exciting! Dates are good therapy. Well I hope you enjoy it..

Anonymous said...

What daave said...also...
now that you have put us in the
loop you will H-A-V-E to keep us
posted on how your date went.
I feel your excitement/nerves..
heheheh..hope ya have fun !
Thanks for sharing ~
ps.Be sure to ask where he works
if he says Home Depto then you know he has got the cash to pay the bill,
just look for daave's drivers lisense when he opens his wallet!lol

Shannon said...

was not!! was not!!!! WAS NOT!!!! LOL
glad we have this program to help us with thise, and thanks for reminding me... because when dealing with other alkys, sometimes just because they go to meetings doesnt always mean that get better...

AND I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!! HAVE A GREAT TIME

Unknown said...

Have tons of fun. That is what it is all about, right? Enjoy each moment and I will keep ya in the prayers. I am excited for you!

As for your chosen passage ~ oh how true it is! It is something the husband and I frequently laugh about. Our silly "isms". Daily reprieve, daily reprieve, daily reprieve!

Have fun Have fun Have fun

:)

Mama Dukes said...

Most alanons have the same characteristics--

I'm giggling--I just wrote a post about being childish and trying to do the grown up thing.

Enjoy your d-a-t-e with this m-an, I found mine giving up the oh like me like me stuff and looked and listened to who is this man?
Oh--have fun!

Sober @ Sundown said...

Hey, where you going?

jake said...

Hiya! thanks for sharing with us....if it's meant to be then it is MEN to be...wish you the best!!!...AA's are also loving, well balanced, forgiving and kind....bye

Shannon said...

HOW WAS IT ???????

Gooey Munster said...

I am a day late. How'd it go, how'd it go???

So anxious we await, with our heartbeats thumping to hear of your experience last night.

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»