Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Happy Birthday Sober Chick!

Sober Chick has one year of sobriety today! To see 365 days - all in a row - sober, one trip around the sun.... it is a miracle.

"If you are honestly trying to live the way you believe God wants you to live, you can get guidance from God in times of quiet communion with Him, provided your thoughts are directed towards God's will and all good things. The attitude of "Thy will, not mine, be done" leads to clear guidance." -- Twenty-Four Hours a Day, Meditation for the Day, June 13.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

YAY SC!!!
and that is always good to remember thy will always not mine be done... thanks MC

Gooey Munster said...

From all of my heart and soul thank you. I am smiling right now, because you know what it is like to walk for the first time in the fellowship -- I can say to someone who is not in this, "today I am celebrating my first year" and they will say "congrats!" I appreciate this but it is the love of one alcoholic to another that understands the insanity.

I am so blessed to have people like you in my life. Thank you for being here.

Mike said...

I second that Yay SC.

Wait a minute, there are two bloggers who go by SC, Sober Chick and the jolly old fat guy.

I guess that's alright.

jake said...

Hi MC....SC's birthday is noted....thanks for everything you are, I know you to be God's expression of Love in this world....