Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Home Sweet Home

I made it home, safe and sound, last night. I am so grateful to be home. I love driving my own car, being in my own house, using my own washing machine, eating my own food out of my own refrigerator, and being where I really truly feel I belong. And I got to see my sweetheart last night!

I went to the gym this morning and ran 2 miles on the treadmill. On the way home I stopped at the store for some soda, yogurt, and other essentials. The date on the yogurt lid is the day of the TRIATHLON! Oh my, there it was, August 6, 2006. I guess that is pretty close. I better start training at little bit more intensely.

I am just so profoundly glad to be home. And to me, that is almost the whole point of taking a vacation. I don't have to go back to work until July 3, so I have some time to just chill.

My son may or may not be home on Thursday. He called on Friday and said that he may not be leaving for Iraq until August, and if his departure is delayed until August, his leave will also be delayed. I will be happy to see him, whenever it is.

"Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." -- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 98

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

((There's no place like home))

Anonymous said...

I'm happy you made it home safely and have good memories of Savannah. God Bless your son.

BTW - I haven't known you very long at all, but if you're referring to who I think you're referring to, laffin', he's gone from M-A-N to sweetheart?

Ya' know what an alky does on the second date don't you?

Yep!

Shops for furniture, lol...

Take Care,

Savannah, ooops, Mark

Shannon said...

I am glad you are home too
yur tiathalon is the same day as me and my hubby 1 yr wedding anniversary
we will be river rafting
you will be triathaloning... :)

dAAve said...

life is no longer unM-A-Nageable

Tennessee Santa said...

I too am happy that you are home. We are leaving on Satuday on vacation. It seems like a lot of work right now. When the first week is over I can relax and try to enjoy the second one. Then I will come home and relax.

One Drunk to Another said...

Welcome Home! Indeed, I agree that vacations are partly designed to make us happy to be home.

Suzanne

jake said...

excellent quote.....regardless of what I think or feel, life must go on..... Love you and thanks...best of luck...

Scott M. Frey said...

welcome home MC!! I know what ya mean about returning to our own digs.....

triathalon?? on purpose??

now wait... he used to be "that _ _ _ I am going out with" then it was "seeing MAN" tonite... now its sweetheart?? hmmmm MC, kool!!

still grateful for you and your sons sacrifice for this country... I will pray for HP's will for him...

peace to you

JJ said...

I was going to do what Tab posted. O.K. I'm doing it and I'm clicking my ruby red slippers at the same time.
Welcome home!
I see you,
JJ