Friday, June 09, 2006

Friday Morning

It is Friday Morning. A storm moved through yesterday afternoon and it cooled down. It is 65 degrees right now and delicious cool air is wafting through my lace curtains. The @$#@#$ parents next door came home last night, so the kids were quiet, and I got to SLEEP ALL NIGHT LONG.

I have a date with a man tonight. See? I did not have to spell it. I am praying a lot and trying not to act on fear. For this moment, I am dating a wonderful, kind, thoughtful, intelligent, handsome man. Nothing more than this. I must stop my mind when it decides to attack me.

JJ has two years today! I am so grateful to have gotten to know JJ and so many of you bloggers.

"The age of miracles is still with us. Our own recovery proves that!" -- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 153

16 comments:

Scott M. Frey said...

glad to hear it has cooled and quieted down! I love the calm stillness of the morning... before I came to work today, I walked round the house and enjoyed the flowers and plants and cool sunshine....

dAAve said...

You are fortunate to have found a wonderful, kind, thoughtful, intelligent, handsome man.
But he's the lucky one.

JJ said...

Have a great date and thank you MaryChristine......I love you and
I see you,
JJ

Unknown said...

Glad you finally got some sleep. Have a great time on your date.

I can so relate to the attacking mind. Trying to stop it oh so hard. With God's help we can.

Sam said...

Hi there, MaryChristine! I hope you have a nice, quiet weekend.

Gooey Munster said...

A miracle here, a miracle there, miracles everywhere because we have not left before the miracle happened. If we stay, we get to see them happen over and over again.

Have a great time time tonight with your M-A-N => man. You should be so refresed from your night's sleep.

Anonymous said...

Yeah..sleep rules!
Now that you have had some beauty rest I hope you can have a relaxing date and fun date !
Enjoy,you deserve to!
Thanks for sharing ~

Shannon said...

oooh I know what you said about those MUTHA_BLEEPIN Parents! I dont blame you either!
glad you got some rest
have fun with the man! hugs

Trudging said...

Have fun!

Alcoholic Brain said...

Indeed, sleeping with a breeze ia a beautiful thing. You are right...The brain can atack...have fun.

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I'd kill for some hot weather right now...

Have fun on your date!

Mary Christine said...

Where else in the world could you get a comment from "brain" telling me the brain really can attack! I LOVE BLOGGING!

Now I better get in the tub and get ready for my date!

jake said...

Its great to see how people get to deal with life circumstances in sobriety....thanks...

Tennessee Santa said...

E-n-j-o-y y-o-u-r d-a-t-e w-i-t-h t-h-a-t w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l g-u-y

Ther I spelled it out

lash505 said...

It is better than sweating. So do tell about the date next post.

Anonymous said...

Im with Red I would kill for some hot weather, it has rained 34 out of 40 days here...ugh:(