Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Green Shoes!

I found them and they are cute! And they match the blouse I was trying to match. Yippeeee! Thanks for the wonderful suggestions about spray paint yesterday. You guys rock! Now I have noticed another cultural phenomenon.... younger people tend to think these are "nice" shoes, because they are cute, and have sequins. People "my" age tend to think they are "flip flops." I will always try to err on the side of youth, besides I have looked absolutely everywhere and this is absolutely the only pair I could find in this shade.

I am getting so dang excited about my vacation. I should be seeing the man either tonight or tomorrow - he thinks all my shopping activities are cute... that is a good thing.

"Your job now is to be at the place where you may be of maximum helpfulness to others, so never hesitate to go anywhere if you can be helpful. You should not hesitate to visit the most sordid spot on earth on such an errand. Keep on the firing line of life with these motives and God will keep you unharmed." -- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 102

13 comments:

dAAve said...

those ARE flip flops and they are the same shade of green that I happen to have on hand --- in a one-gallon bucket

All your friends will be lime green with envy.

Unknown said...

Love the shoes. I agree ~ it is good that the man thinks the shopping is cute.

Have fun ;)

Scott M. Frey said...

MC ya never fail to make me grin! I love ya! I wish you were my neighbor!! Those shoes are perfect, I had no doubt that you would find something....

I love being reminded that my entire purpose for being here is to fit myself to be of maximum service to God and those about me... unfortunately I forget often, so thanks for the reminder!

Shannon said...

good quote from the bb

and I get the flip flop/ nice shoes thing... and that is sooo funny because I was just thinking about that this morning as I was putting on my fancy flip flops... LOL have a great day MC and enjoy the man ; )

Anonymous said...

LOL...you are too funny!
Yes, having the man think your shopping is cute is a good thing!lol
You are on the ball now,you got your greenshoes, the days are counting down for your travel date.
Hope you have a great week!
Thanks for sharing ~

Rex said...

Nice shoes!.....for flip-flops anyway....

Sunshine said...

I LOVE your 'nice' shoes!!!! Have a blast!

jake said...

MC I thought "flip flops" were something other then shoes?....sandals maybe?...

Tennessee Santa said...

Why didn't you just say you wanted flip flops. MY mom used to really shorten it up she just called them floppies. You are way to cute. I think it is alright that the man likes you shopping. I have a hard time getting Mrs.C to buy anything when she goes shopping. Yes and my long time friends as well. I don't think you are old.

Tennessee Santa said...

Now I just took another look it is time for a pedicure and have them do the nails in a shade that will better go with the floppies

Mary Christine said...

I just got the nails done yesterday. I thought they looked cute!

Gooey Munster said...

They compliment your beautiful feet well. I want those, they are gorgeous! However I need to ask, are they are comfortable? They must be if some clasify them as "flip flops."

:) Green is such a relaxing color.

JJ said...

Those are fancy flip flops that just happen to be green.
I'm glad you found what you were looking for now can you look for a 1942 dress and shoes for me and drop them off on your way to GA.
Thanks,
I see you,
JJ