Monday, June 05, 2006

Monday Morning

It is a happy Monday Morning. I feel better than a body deserves to.

I got to the gym this morning at 5:30 and hopped on the treadmill, put on my i-pod, and went to town. I decided yesterday that if I am to get my running fitness back, I am going to have to go back to square one, and do it on the treadmill - just like I did when I was starting. This morning I was able to run 2 miles, and walk 1.1, for a total of 3.1 miles, or a 5K.

I better get ready for work. I am looking forward to this week. I have a sudden cherriness that is probably not hard to explain, but I am not going to "go there" right now, thank you very much.

Thanks you bloggers. You guys and gals enrich my life in ways you couldn't begin to know.

"Men and women drink essentially because they like the effect produced by alcohol." -- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. xxvi

10 comments:

dAAve said...

"Men and women stop drinking essentially because they like the effect produced by sobriety and recovery." -- dAAve u. AKA higher powered 2006

Scott M. Frey said...

so happy to hear you've got a zip in your step....

i am having a tough time getting back in the swing of exercising... I do really well for a period of time, get feelin' good then off I go on another tangent.... grrr this alcoholic mind if mine! he he

Unknown said...

Well, well, well....you sound like a teenager. ;)
You sound like you are having fun with this M-A-N thing. Good for you.

Tennessee Santa said...

Sounds like a bounce in your step. Cherriness after a 5K. I like that you used a quote from the roman numeral section of the book. There is a lot of meat there before we get to the regular numbers. Anyway you go girl!!!!
FAEA

Shannon said...

I love that "cheeriness feeling that you dont want to go there right now'
: )
have a great day

Trudging said...

You sound great

JJ said...

Send some of the cheeriness my way.
I see you,
JJ

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

madameplushbottom said...

So happy to see you joyful. Glad to see you are taking care of yourself and getting back to the gym.

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»