Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sunday Evening

Here it is, Sunday Evening. I am absolutely exhausted and headachey. I am not particularly a good traveler. It has been a HUGE weekend. It was nice, but I will be thrilled to be home tomorrow.

The birthday party was wonderful yesterday. To spend time with my family is truly a blessing. Particulary my niece who will be 11 years sober on August 15. We had a great time visiting on the boat and then on the beach yesterday. The boat ride was more than anyone bargained for... very wild and a little scary. I still have a touch of vertigo from it!

My niece and I sat next to each other at church this morning. When everyone held hands and said the Lord's Prayer, it had special meaning to us. I squeezed her hand and whispered "keep coming back!" and she giggled. It was wonderful to look at a whole pew in church being taken by my family. I am so unaccustomed to being with my brothers and sister. It was really nice.

My wardrobe has been fine, which is a relief. That IS, after all, the important thing you know.

Thanks to Mark W. for hooking me up with meeting info. I am going to go to the 7:30 a.m. meeting tomorrow. It will be good to be sitting in one of those seats I have earned - in spades.

8 comments:

Tennessee Santa said...

Way to go lady, sounds like a great weekend. Hope you get a good southern meeting in the morning.

dAAve said...

have a safe trip home, please

Anonymous said...

The Early Birds are a wild bunch lol...

Aaah - you'll be catching them on a Mon. morning - they'll be ready to go to work after the meeting.

Glad to be of some help.

Sounds like you've had a wonderful time here in this beautiful town, nice to hear. Take it easy going home.

Mark

Gooey Munster said...

That is really a blessing to share those words with your niece. It has so much meaning, and I understand her giggle behind it. Our souls bounce out giggles in recovery.

Trudging said...

Sounds great!

Trudging said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shannon said...

I love it... I am soo glad that your neice found this program too
feel better and get home safely :)

JJ said...

It really does sound like you had a great time and the whole thing with your niece is sooooooooo nice.
I see you,
JJ