Thursday, June 08, 2006

hot, hot, hot

Here's my tootsies. I love getting a pedicure. And I love having little flowers on my toes.

It is going to be 96 degrees today. It has been over 90 for several days. I am not getting enough sleep. I have a big neighbor problem - and the noise is relentless at night. I also have something very exciting and frankly a little bit scary going on in my life (see the posts of the last week if you don't know what it is.) I have the AC on, and a big fan in my bedroom, but that isn't the same as having peace and quiet and cool air coming in my bedroom window.

I lose all perspective when I am not getting enough sleep. I went to the gym this morning and while running I was listening to my i-pod... and started crying. Pitiful.

"Freedom has many facets, but mostly it releases us from much that has been troubling and defeating us. We pray for this release into freedom." -- One Day at a Time in Alanon, p. 129

9 comments:

Scott said...

not getting enough sleep is a HUGE deal for me too MC. (nice pedicure by the way) Man that sucks, with the neighbor thing... Oh, and I wish you well with your new relationship adventure!

peace to you and prayers...

dAAve said...

toes, heat, noise, sleeep, M-A-N.

Great topics for an AA meeting.

Sober Chick said...

Pretty in Pink!

I undrstand the sleep neccessity. I hope that the noise evaporates soon, you deserve to rest your mind, body and soul. Hmmmm, exciting and scary news, I W-O-N-D-E-R . . .

Sober Chick said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
NMAMFQLMSH said...

Awesome toes!
I see you,
JJ

Shannon said...

cute toes! and 96 degrees! I am jeallloous! it was 70 here and cloudy and rainy... blah, I want the sun...

BigSkymAAck said...

That is a pretty good alanon thing. I am getting released from some things. Aren't facets what you find in diamonds? Maybe we really are diamonds in the rough.

Rex said...

Nice toes!

Da Gal said...

Beautiful toes Mary Christine. I am getting a pedicure in 10 days and I was going to get the standard french pedicure but I think you might have just inspired me!

Hope you find some relaxing and peaceful sleep soon.