Thursday, June 08, 2006

hot, hot, hot

Here's my tootsies. I love getting a pedicure. And I love having little flowers on my toes.

It is going to be 96 degrees today. It has been over 90 for several days. I am not getting enough sleep. I have a big neighbor problem - and the noise is relentless at night. I also have something very exciting and frankly a little bit scary going on in my life (see the posts of the last week if you don't know what it is.) I have the AC on, and a big fan in my bedroom, but that isn't the same as having peace and quiet and cool air coming in my bedroom window.

I lose all perspective when I am not getting enough sleep. I went to the gym this morning and while running I was listening to my i-pod... and started crying. Pitiful.

"Freedom has many facets, but mostly it releases us from much that has been troubling and defeating us. We pray for this release into freedom." -- One Day at a Time in Alanon, p. 129

9 comments:

Scott M. Frey said...

not getting enough sleep is a HUGE deal for me too MC. (nice pedicure by the way) Man that sucks, with the neighbor thing... Oh, and I wish you well with your new relationship adventure!

peace to you and prayers...

dAAve said...

toes, heat, noise, sleeep, M-A-N.

Great topics for an AA meeting.

Gooey Munster said...

Pretty in Pink!

I undrstand the sleep neccessity. I hope that the noise evaporates soon, you deserve to rest your mind, body and soul. Hmmmm, exciting and scary news, I W-O-N-D-E-R . . .

Gooey Munster said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JJ said...

Awesome toes!
I see you,
JJ

Shannon said...

cute toes! and 96 degrees! I am jeallloous! it was 70 here and cloudy and rainy... blah, I want the sun...

Tennessee Santa said...

That is a pretty good alanon thing. I am getting released from some things. Aren't facets what you find in diamonds? Maybe we really are diamonds in the rough.

Rex said...

Nice toes!

madameplushbottom said...

Beautiful toes Mary Christine. I am getting a pedicure in 10 days and I was going to get the standard french pedicure but I think you might have just inspired me!

Hope you find some relaxing and peaceful sleep soon.