Sunday, April 15, 2012

5 Minutes on a Sunday Morning

I have five minutes to write this - before I head out on a snowy April morning to pick up my daughter and go to an AA meeting.

I was amazed when I heard an intro to the next person on the Cable News this morning.  I thought - O.M.G., that is ______!  My friend from AA!  And after the commercial break - there he was!  On my television set!  He and I have had some respectful disagreements over the years, but they have always been respectful.   I have written about him a few times on the blog.  And amazingly enough, everything he said this morning was right on in my opinion.  I'll find his e-mail address later today and write to him.  Oh, I was so proud of my ______!

So, I need to go.

I plan to stay sober today and I hope you do too.  It's a good day for it.  Thanks to a loving God.

7 comments:

dAAve said...

I love to hear the things that _____ says.

Anonymous said...

So nice to have your own opinion voiced.

SoberMomWrites said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary LA said...

We're here, we're there, we're everywhere! Always great to see AA members anonymously out in the world getting on with life.

Anonymous said...

I would go to an open meeting every week with my son if proximity allowed!

Blessings to you and the girl.

Syd said...

Snow again?? Hope that you have a great day. Nice to see your friend on TV.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

How wonderful! I know that I've had respectful disagreements with others in my experience in the rooms and life and I've found later that they have become special because of those differences. :) It's a great thing!