Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Flowers and Shoes

Sorry about the dreadful post this morning.  But that is just how it is.

I took 5 hours of vacation time today - the first time I have had off since staring my new job 3 months ago.  It felt wonderful to, first of all, sleep until it was light outside.  And then I sat outside this afternoon and smelled lilac blossoms.  I don't know if there is any smell I like better!

My back yard tulips are stunning this year.  The orange is so crazy bright - and I love bright orange!
Later I hopped into my car and drove to the store to get a pair of brown shoes.  Who knew it is so difficult to find a pair of brown flats?  I found a pair of beige flats which will work with brown or khaki pants and also a pair of sandals that I particularly like.  I can ill afford to buy shoes, but am I supposed to go to work in my bare feet?
In the immortal words of Gloria Gaynor:

I will survive.

God is in his heaven and he loves me - just like he loves you.

6 comments:

dAAve said...

I am relieved.
Relieved to know that today you will not be barefoot in the office.

Pammie said...

ooo love the flowers!
and the shoes!
and my mary!

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the tulips! Shoes are a wonderful thing, they are the easiest thing I shop for, though sometimes even they aren't easy.

XOXO

Syd said...

What about all those other shoes that you have? Ha--I don't think that my wife ever has enough shoes. It's okay. She can buy those that I haven't.

Kathy said...

Flowers & shoes - two of my favorite things!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm always amazed by such brilliant colors that pop out of the earth. They are almost too good to be true.