Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Day in Another Time

I wish I could take a photograph of a beautiful sunrise.  It loses nearly everything in the translation.  Especially from a bus window!  This was a huge orange ball floating right on the horizon this morning.  And I was so thrilled to see my Denver in the middle right of the photo, just a hint of a town looming.  I also love that even in that little suggestion of my town, I know exactly where my building is in relation to one of the buildings.  I can look in the morning and know where I am going.

My son woke up in this same town this morning.  No longer half a world away.  Right here.  He has to go get the baby, who has been with her maternal grandmother in another state, so I won't see him until Thursday.  I am invited to THEIR house.  How awesome is that!  I am so thrilled that he is home.

Tomorrow I shall go swimming before work.  Did I mention that I have an Olympic Distance Triathlon in just 2 months from today?  I am not at all ready and not sure I can get ready, but I am certainly going to try.  I talked one of my friends into registering with me (back last November), or I think I would just ditch the whole idea.  I have a half marathon at the end of June that I am actually excited about.  It starts at over 10,000 ft. elevation (at a ski area), and ends at 8,500 feet.  Both of those are high elevations to be running around in.  But going downhill is such fun!

I had my HOA meeting tonight.  Only three of us showed up because the rest of them are feuding!   HOA boards are the weirdest things on earth.  I joined mine and quit just short of two years later.  I hated it.  But a few months after that, I missed it.  And then the president called and asked me to come back.  That was four years ago!  I like knowing what is going on - and I also like that I can sometimes be the voice of reason when they start getting full of themselves, which they do from time to time.  I like being civic minded - because for too many years of my life I was all about me and little else.  By the grace of God sometimes I get to act like a real grown up human being.  Sometimes.

So, it was a good day, the beginning of a new era for my son and his wife.  And I am grateful.  So grateful.


7 comments:

Syd said...

I am glad that your son and his wife are home and safe. It must be such a relief for all. It is indeed a new chapter for them.

dAAve said...

Good news makes me smile.

Pammie said...

whew...I'm so happy they are safe and sound!

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Oh yay for Thursday to look forward to!

And wonderful sunrises ensuring today will have a bright outlook too

:)

ScottF said...

So it turns out that "earth people" act like buffoons in board meetings too? That isn't just limited to AA service committees lol? Kidding of course. Doesn't it feel nice to be sane in an insane world some days?

I am so glad your son is home again! Praise God!

Anonymous said...

I have been trying to get a picture of a full moon, but can't capture it.

Mary Christine said...

Yeah, the moon is worse than the sun. So funny to look at something absolutely earth-shatteringly stunning and get a photo of a little piece of sun in the sky. Or moon.