Saturday, April 14, 2012

Food Stuffs

Maybe it was because I had just gotten done with my run this morning, but when I was standing in line for the cashier, I just thought my groceries were so pretty!  I took their picture!  I love a low carb, high fat diet.  That's what works for me.  And I couldn't help but notice that sickly extremely overweight people at the store were buying diet pop, no-fat soy milk (with sugary flavor), boneless/skinless chicken breasts, and all manner of no-fat food.  How can that be good for a person?

OK, enough of that - I know most people don't agree with me, but I also know that the diet industry is still going strong.  It is my belief that they keep going strong by keeping people on no-fat, high carb, highly sweet food.  Which just makes people crazy and cravy.

Tonight I will happily eat my roasted chicken, with skin, and have a salad of romaine leaves with a dressing I make out of blue cheese, mayo, sour cream, and olive oil.  Oh heavenly.  I guess I wasn't done talking about food after all.  Perhaps I shall try to change the subject again....

The run was awesome this morning.  This afternoon, I go sit in on an icon class.  I have been allowed to sit in and not pay.  Hopefully I will be able to assist in some small way.  I will also work on my rescue icon.  I think I have written about him.  Someone else started John the Baptist but made such a mess of him that she abandoned him.  I am trying to rescue him.  It is a labor of love.

Yesterday I worked at home.  People always say "oh, how nice!"  Well, in my job it isn't so nice.  I sit in my new work area in my basement and work staring at a monitor - yesterday for 11 hours straight.  Not that fun.  I hope to God this job gets easier some day.
One good thing about working in my new work area in the basement is that I get a view of my garden. My lilac bush is in full bloom right now.  I still have tulips going strong.  And see that little baby aspen tree in the corner?  I love that little thing.  It just popped up last year.  By next year it will be a real tree!

OK, I can't string any meaningful words together this morning.  I am going to take a nap before heading across town to my class.

Sure am grateful to be sober.  Fully engaged in life.

Thank you God.

10 comments:

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

Hi Mary Christine,
Just a quick note to share
how much I enjoyed coming
across this blog post of yours
today..Very bright and uplifting.
Esp.catchy starting with a grocery
cart share..lol..awesome :)
Tabitha

dAAve said...

Thanks for a full diet of MC today.

Anonymous said...

Sugar is the culprit, not fat. Sugar dulls the brain, slows down our life functions..ugg. I feel entirely different when I eat a tablespoon of Jiffy (roasted peanuts + sugar + palm oil) vs. a tablespoon of Krema (peanuts).

But you are absolutely right. Find what works best for your body, and stop the fad diets.

Syd said...

We do low carb and high protein. It seems to be good for us. Little sugar too.

I like the view of your backyard. Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Why are you always so harshly judgmental? All the time, about everything?

Dr24Hours said...

I couldn't possible work from home regularly. I can't self motivate well enough.

SoberMomWrites said...

MC-I truly fail to see how expressing yourself IN YOU OWN BLOG can be considered judgmental.

Anyway, I'm about to embark on a recovery plan to move to away from things that mess with my biochemistry (sugar and white carbs). The research in the last few years is fascinating and I can't wait to see what it does for me. I have to be patient though...kind of like working my AA steps...one at a time, in order, at the right pace for me!

Thanks for the lovely post today. Seeing a new post from you always brightens my day.

Sherry

Mary Christine said...

Dear Anonymous,

Why do you read my blog if it is so awful?

Mary Christine

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

I feel the same way about the job at home. It's been a very hard adjustment. I wanted to love this job so much, it's in an industry that I love a lot, but ... after almost a year, I still love the industry, love it, but this job...not so much.

Still I can do it until God says otherwise :)

Mary LA said...

Ignore the nonsense people post, my dear friend.

I came back here because I read this yesterday and wanted to say I agree 100% with you on eating -- I eat small portions (my saving grace) of fresh and homemade organic foods and have never dieted.

Your garden with the lilac and young aspen looks lovely.