Thursday, April 12, 2012

Normal is the New Awesome

My son brought me this beautiful cross from Ireland.  I love crystal.  I love crosses.  I love candles.  I love my son (most of all).

How incredibly awesomely normal to sit around at his house, eat barbequed pork chops, play games, and let the baby entertain us.  I don't care how many babies we have seen grow up - we all roar with laughter when she says "uh-oh!"  or says "ca-ca" instead of chocolate.  There is just something about my family being complete again.  I sat there and heard myself laugh - and thought I haven't really heard or felt that for a while.  Oh, I laugh, but not the relaxed laugh that comes straight out of my soul.  Being with my family.  MY family.

Oh thank you God.

I am glad I am a sober mom and nana.  I can't imagine what this night (or any other) would be like if I were still drinking like a sot.  I don't think I would be invited to my son's.  Really, I don't.

I am so grateful I am part of my family.  And that we are all within a couple of miles of each other when we lay our heads down to sleep.  All is well in the world.

Thank you God.

7 comments:

Syd said...

So nice to have your family close and to be together. I can imagine that you have such relief in mind and body.
Beautiful piece of art that crystal.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful, thoughtful gift.

Pammie said...

Ahhh indeed.
I would know your table cloth anywhere :-)

dAAve said...

You made me smile.
A smile from my heart.

Annette said...

I'm so happy for you Mary.

SoberMomWrites said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SoberMomWrites said...

I am so happy for you Mary. Now that hole that you were carrying in your heart while he was away can finally close and you can exhale.

Blessings.

Sherry