Thursday, April 12, 2012

Normal is the New Awesome

My son brought me this beautiful cross from Ireland.  I love crystal.  I love crosses.  I love candles.  I love my son (most of all).

How incredibly awesomely normal to sit around at his house, eat barbequed pork chops, play games, and let the baby entertain us.  I don't care how many babies we have seen grow up - we all roar with laughter when she says "uh-oh!"  or says "ca-ca" instead of chocolate.  There is just something about my family being complete again.  I sat there and heard myself laugh - and thought I haven't really heard or felt that for a while.  Oh, I laugh, but not the relaxed laugh that comes straight out of my soul.  Being with my family.  MY family.

Oh thank you God.

I am glad I am a sober mom and nana.  I can't imagine what this night (or any other) would be like if I were still drinking like a sot.  I don't think I would be invited to my son's.  Really, I don't.

I am so grateful I am part of my family.  And that we are all within a couple of miles of each other when we lay our heads down to sleep.  All is well in the world.

Thank you God.


Syd said...

So nice to have your family close and to be together. I can imagine that you have such relief in mind and body.
Beautiful piece of art that crystal.

Lou said...

A beautiful, thoughtful gift.

Pammie said...

Ahhh indeed.
I would know your table cloth anywhere :-)

dAAve said...

You made me smile.
A smile from my heart.

Annette said...

I'm so happy for you Mary.

SoberMomRocks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SoberMomRocks said...

I am so happy for you Mary. Now that hole that you were carrying in your heart while he was away can finally close and you can exhale.