Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday Morning

Yesterday was a long and painful day at work. After a particularly brutal meeting, I went into my boss' office and told him that I need to take another day of sick leave because I am simply not getting better. He told me to go ahead. And here I am... off sick on a Friday. And I am so grateful. Not that I am sick, but that I can take 3 days off in one week, even though there will be hell to pay for it. I have got to get well. I am not dripping snot and coughing and sneezing now, but I am just NOT well. I have not run since last Saturday!

On Wednesday morning, after the 6:30 a.m. meeting, a man I really like came up to me and said "I found your blog." That blew me away! I am not clear on why though. I have really thought about it. I think I have only told 2 or 3 of my "real" peeps about my blog - it is not a secret, but it is not something I really talk about either. I asked him how he found it, and how he knew it was me. And then I thought about my integrity. Do I stand by everything I have written? Do I feel bad about anything I have written about myself or someone else? Have I carelessly tossed around another person's name without their knowledge or permission? I think I feel OK about my blog and that I stand behind every word I have written - but I do have a certain creepiness about having used the first names of people on occasion. I think I will stop doing that.

My son has gone golfing and I am going back to bed.

"We do talk about each other a great deal, but we almost invariably temper such talk by a spirit of love and tolerance. Another principle we observe carefully is that we do not relate intimate experiences of another person unless we are sure he would approve. We find it better, when possible, to stick to our own stories. A man may criticize to laugh at himself and it will affect others favorably, but criticism or ridicule coming from another often produce the contrary effect." Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 125

10 comments:

kel said...

I hope you are feeling better and out running again soon!!

Anonymous said...

It is a total drag when there is that lingering sickness that seems to not wanna be shaken off.

Hope your son enjoys the weather
Get some rest :)
I hope you get better!

Kathrin Ivanovic said...

Thanks for your kind words! I like your blog too!
Have a great weekend!
Kindly,
Kathrin

Namenlosen Trinker said...

I can completely relate to your feelings of creepiness with regard to using first names in your blog. I've avoided doing so in mine and have used pseudonyms instead. But those closest to me would easily be able to figure out who some of these folks are—including themselves—and that would still result in me feeling a little creepy. Like you, I stand by what I have said, but I'd really rather not have anyone I know from "real" life find my blog.

Kathrin Ivanovic said...

I dont know how I feel about a lot of IRL people knowing I have this blog. Its not about hiding it, but about not feeling capable of fielding questions right now. I am just starting (barely) to figure things out....

Thanks again - K.

dAAve said...

I told you to get better. Weren't you listening?

I try to be careful about using names/identities unless I have permission. Except for you and Scott. And Hayden. And ...

Scott W said...

Sheesh! Get well already!

Pammie said...

Would you like me to write a note to your employer? I would be happy to do so. I don't think I like the way you are treated there. Unless you are the President of the United States...you ought to be able to call in sick, when you are sick. If your job is to hold up the sun, moon and stars then maybe you should go to work sick, otherwise...tell em' Pam said "stick their attitude up their butts"
Now...settle down and get some rest.

Scott M. Frey said...

MC, wow sorry bout the lingering creeping crud! Hopefully you and HP can knock it out over the weekend... I dont publicize my bloggage locally, nor do I have any qualms about what I share. But, there is something nice about having a place to share without local eyes prying...

Mama Dukes said...

hope you feel good today and running felt even better

I've had the same thoughts about blogging. Hope you keep on blogging and keeping it real for us