Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Happy Birthday to dAAve!

One of my very favorite people anywhere on earth is celebrating 4 years of continuous sobriety today. Please go over and wish dAAve a happy birthday.

I am going out for a run in spite of lingering pain from pulling weeds on Monday (who knew that pulling weeds for 2 hours would cause such pain and agony?)

I will then come back home and bathe and dress as becomingly as I can, to go off to work. Once there, I will put a smile on my face, greet the people I come in contact with, go to the meetings that are on my agenda for today, and work at some major projects in the meantime. I will give my best for 8 hours.

When I leave there at the end of the day, I will go to a 5:30 meeting. I will get to see many people I love and see what is going on with them.

Then I will come home again and see what is going on here. It is so unusual for me to have someone living with me, that the concept of things going on at home while I am not here is really an unusual and fun idea.

Have a great sober 24 everyone.

"Being convinced, we were at Step Three...." -- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 60

8 comments:

Scott W said...

Your day is already decided...it will be great! Way to go, MC!

Shannon said...

Good morning MC, just wanted you to know, that I really admire you, always, have a great day

Pammie said...

I used to smoke weed, but I'm not much into "pulling them". With my son living at my house right now, it's really weird when my cell phone rings and it says "home". I think immediatly....how is "home" calling me, when I'm right here?
:) Enjoy your wednesday Ms. Ben Gay needing Mama.

Patricia Marie said...

What a great way to think.

dAAve said...

Being convinced, I was at Step One.
Thanks for being my friend.

Syd said...

It sounds like a great day. I would be looking forward to that meeting at 5:30 and being with those that you love and who love you back.

johno said...

Happy 24hours to you toooo

Kathy Lynne said...

I hope if I read you often enough I will someday go out for a run or maybe even a walk..okay, a stroll. ANYTHING! But usually I end up on my porch swing with a book:) Sounds like a good day. Keeping it simple.