Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Uncommonly Ill

I slept almost all day yesterday and all last night. I have been up for an hour now, and am about to go back to bed. I have to make that phone call to work that still brings on anxiety. It seems that no matter how long I stay sober, I still remember those drunken and hungover calls to work, with some lame excuse for why I couldn't come to work that day. Back in the day, being a girl and having a man boss, saying it was "that time of the month" seemed to work well because it embarrassed the man. Boy, that WAS a long time ago. What a drunken hag I was. Manipulative, mean-spirited person.

Yesterday they called me from work because some big disaster is going on there. I cannot believe that I was sick enough to explain to an assistant where to find stuff and advise her on what to do, but I absolutely could not come in to work. It is days like these that make or break careers, and I was powerless to do anything but go back to sleep. And today is another day when I probably should go to work, but I can't.

I can barely see straight enough to write this. I had a cold like this last winter - I was in bed for many days.

So as I lay in bed, I thank God that I have a job where I have many days of sick leave. I thank God that I have a pretty and comfortable bed where I can lay my sick little head. I thank God that I have pretty velvet drapes over lace curtains and that I can see the many still green leaves of a huge tree in my front yard through the curtains. It is very peaceful. I am also so so so grateful that I haven't seen my friend Larry for about a week. I think this illness would kill him he is in such poor health. Thank You God for keeping me away from him for a day or two.

"Your misfortune has become your good fortune. You AAs are a privileged people." -- As Bill Sees It, p. 133

9 comments:

Syd said...

Take care of yourself MC. Work will wait but your health is more important. Besides, you don't want to spread the cold germs everywhere. Time to just be good to yourself.

Scott W said...

Drunken hag. I just cannot imagine that.

Prayers sent for your health.

dAAve said...

Go back to sleep you drunken hag.

Banana Girl said...

MC, Don't listen to daave. Take the time to get well. They should be grateful you are not coming to work and spreading this around. In fact, they should be kissing your feet you angel you!

Unknown said...

Cyber chicken noodle comin at ya MC. Do feel better soon.

Hugs~

Gwen

Scott M. Frey said...

wow MC I sure do hope ya gets better :-) I'll include you in my intentions for the Rosary I pray tonite... hugs (from a safe distance lol)

tkdjunkie said...

I hope you feel better soon ... sleep, sleep, sleep ...

Pammie said...

HI Darlin'.
You know (I know you know) that all the emotional upset in your life lately has probably got your imune system down to zero. Just take it as it comes. Treat the symptoms and rest. I know you feel so pitiful. Bless your heart.

Mama Dukes said...

thank God for all the comforts so you could rest and get better