Saturday, September 22, 2007

Late September Saturday Morning

Doesn't that just sound wonderful? It is. It is nice and cool outside, and some of the leaves are even turning. I am going to go out and run for the first time in a week - as soon as it is light outside. I still don't feel *great*, but a week off of training is too much when you have a half-marathon in three weeks. I am SO not ready for this.

Truthfully, the weekend is already appearing overwhelming. I have too much to do and not enough time to do it in. I think the one thing that tipped the scales is the fact that I have to buy something to wear on Monday. I have many suits, so I better not buy another one, although I would love a new gray one... but that is just silly. My brown suit is really pretty, but I need a new blue blouse to match the pinstripe. For me, shopping for blouses is painful. The last time I was shopping for bras and whining about it, the salesclerk at Victoria's Secret told me that woman pay thousands of dollars to get what I am complaining about! So I will shut up.

"We have to grow or else deteriorate. For us, the status quo can only be for today, never for tomorrow. Change we must; we cannot stand still." -- As Bill Sees It, p. 25

6 comments:

dAAve said...

That same thing happened to me the last time at VS.

Anonymous said...

hope some nice fresh Saturday air clears things out for you and you get to feeling better. :(
Take it easy, kay?

Scott W said...

Smart salesclerk she was.

Have a great weekend even if it is a bit overwhelming. What is whelmed anyway?

Mama Dukes said...

I thought you loved to shop

Lucky you to have so much to cover on top

lushgurl said...

Awww poor you , you HAVE to shop and buy something pretty, that REALLY must suck!!!
On another note, I have been an absentee stalker friend, but I'm here to tell you I will keep coming back (here), cause I'm hopelessly addicted to you! LOL
Love ya lots...ps... hope you are feeling better today!

Scott M. Frey said...

lol MC, too funny... glad you're coming round to feeling human again :-)