Sunday, September 30, 2007

Pancakes and Maple Syrup

With link sausages on the side... or in the soup of the syrup and butter. That is what I am making for breakfast this morning.

Yesterday I clearly stated that I am doing NOTHING today. I am tired. Bone weary. Yesterday was a normal Saturday... I woke early, went to a 6:30 meeting, took an 8 mile run. Went to the grocery store. Came home and ate breakfast, made up a pot of chili and put it on the stove, broke out the paint and put the 5th and final coat of red paint on my front door (which looks great). Took a bath, fixed lunch for the family, went to bed for a little nap. Woke up, got dressed, went to the tanning salon, then to Church. Went to Target to get some hairspray and while I was there, got a small refrigerator for my office. Came home, ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (with a glass of milk!) for dinner. Sat down, watched "House" (which I Tivo'd on Tuesday) while I finished knitting two hats for Christmas gifts. Then to bed...

This morning, I woke at 5:00 and almost jumped out of bed to get to the meeting. It was as if I had to physically restrain myself from doing this. I am going to stay home today and do as little as possible. Like eating pancakes and maple syrup. And watching a football game (or two) on my son's fabulous new 50 inch TV. I never wanted one, but now I can see why people do.

"What I've learned is that it doesn't matter what hardships and losses I've endured in sobriety, I have not had to go back to drinking. As long as I work the program, keep being of service, go to meetings, and keep my spiritual life together, I can live a decent life." -- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 485

3 comments:

Scott W said...

Happy Sunday, MC! Enjoy your lazy time.

Recovery Road London said...

It never ceases to amaze me how North Americans mix savoury and sweet at breakfast. Ugh!

Have a sober and safe week, MC. :-D

Mama Dukes said...

your normal days make me very tired. Its good to hear you rest.
Yeah for big ass tv's, they are awesome