Monday, September 17, 2007

Hello?

me: Hello, boss' secretary? This is Mary Christine.
her: Hello?
me: Yes, I won't be coming in today. I am quite sick.
her: Hello?
me: You can't hear me because I don't have a voice, but trust me, I am too sick to come in.
her: Who is this?
me: I will send you an e-mail.
her: Hello?
me: Good-bye.

This is a calling-in-sick post. I am too sick to even post anything. I have got an aching head, a running nose, a bottle brush stuck in my throat, and even a fever.

Still grateful to be sober, but I can't even read the small print of the big book today, so no quote.

11 comments:

Scott W said...

Poor baby. I wondered what was up when I came here earlier because by then you usually have posted. Do all that get well stuff.

Syd said...

Hope that you feel better after some rest and TLC. It's a wonderful time of year but also a time when colds start.

dAAve said...

Have you run yet today?

Sorry.
Get better soon.

Mama Dukes said...

hope you are well real soon

Pammie said...

vicks vapor rub
vicks nose drops
chinese food
apple pie alamode
this should do it.
I'm sorry you feel bad darlin'

kel said...

Hope you are feeling better SOON!!!

Anonymous said...

well wishes from the lurkers, too!

:)

tkdjunkie said...

Aww hope you feel better soon! It's no fun to lose your voice ...

Trudging said...

Oh girlfriend...

I hope you are feeling better today. And I hope that you take care of yourself.

Trudging said...

Oh Yeah, Zinc!

EmmaL said...

I hope you feel better!!