Saturday, September 15, 2007

Red Door

Here's what's on my agenda for today:
Run 10 miles
Paint the trim on my garage door
Paint the trim on my front porch
Paint the Front Door RED!
I bought the paint last night after work. I caulked the trim around my garage door. I put primer on my front door - where it used to be green, it is now white.

I have a busy day. Then I am going to see my priest for confession at 3:30, and then Mass at 5:00. I don't know how I can do all of this in one day, but I shall try. I think the run is what is going to get shortened - 7 miles, 10 miles, what the heck is the difference?

Thank God I am sober and know that the day will end with me doing my written 10th step, while sitting in bed. I will thank God for the day, just like I thanked him last night. I have asked for his help and guidance through this day, and I am reasonably sure that I will not need a drink to liven up the day, and therefore won't get into any fights with my neighbors while I am painting. I don't think the police will be called. I likely won't spill a gallon of paint on the driveway ( I hope). Since there won't be a drink involved, I think I can be reasonably sure that my day won't involve any of these calamities - although there still may be some!

"Human beings are never quite alike, so each of us, when making an inventory, will need to determine what his individual character defects are. Having found the shoes that fit, he ought to step into them and walk with new confidence that he is at last on the right track." -- As Bill Sees It, p. 281

5 comments:

Dharma Kelleher said...

Happy paintin!

Peace,
Dharma

Mama Dukes said...

whenever I start thinking I work hard, I think of you working so much harder, you inspire me

Scott W said...

Next we need pictures of your spruced up home. Have a great weekend!

Pammie said...

girl, girl, girl. Can you even imagine painting a door in broad daylight in the old days??? Can you even imagine giving a damn about the front door back then?
Can't wait to see the pictures!

Unknown said...

3:30 to 5:00? That's a lot of confessin'!!!!
Hope you feel better!