Friday, September 28, 2007

Waiting for daylight...

So I can get out for a quick run before work. It is the first time I have wanted to run since I got sick almost 2 weeks ago. It is just a little over 2 weeks before my half-marathon and losing a week of training is disastrous.

Last night my son brought home a 50 inch TV. Holy crap. I am grateful that I have a house with a downstairs that is nearly self-contained... so that thing is fine in the family room - and his temporary suite of rooms.

I am tired this morning, but it is Friday. I have a day without anything on my calendar at work, so I can close my office door and work on some data analysis that I need to get done. I also need to write a training within the next 2 weeks, maybe I will start working on that today. On the way home from work, I can go to the 5:30 AA meeting.

I am grateful I am sober and can experience the seemingly mundane. Isn't it grand when there are no big deals going on?

"We discover that we do receive guidance for our lives to just about the extent that we stop making demands upon God to give it to us on order and on our terms. Almost any experienced AA will tell how his affairs have taken remarkable and unexpected turns for the better as he tried to improve his conscious contact with God." -- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 105

6 comments:

Scott W said...

Comfort in the seemingly mundane--quite a blessing, indeed. I assume you will be enjoying some football in front of that big ass TV this fall.

Pammie said...

I love the mundane, it's so soothing. I'll give big hugs from you tomorrow night.

Mama Dukes said...

I love mundane except when there's no drama ;)

contentment--ready set....wait not yet!

dAAve said...

Some people seem to think of mundane as being boring.
NOT ME !!!
I love mundane. No drama. Restful. Peaceful.
SERENE!

JJ said...

I am grateful for you.
oxox
JJ

Syd said...

Sounds like a good quiet Friday and what better than to do data analysis