Thursday, July 03, 2008

Early Bird - Night Owl

The longer I am off work, the more my timing changes.  I am normally an early bird - like to be up early and have my most productive time of the day early in the day.  When I have extended times off work, I tend to get up relatively early and putter around.  I get chores done.  I get home and eat lunch and then take a blessed nap.   After the nap is my productive time.  It is weird because this runs so counter to the way my working life is arranged.  I am getting into this groove just in time to get back to work next week.

I just returned from church.  I said I was going to stop doing this hour of prayer at this church and start going to my new church.  But on my trip, I realized how important this time is to me.  I have two prayer partners, we have been sharing this hour (5 to 6 a.m. on Thursdays) for a year and a half.  They sat with me for the time my son was in Iraq.  Now their daughter is in Iraq, and I think I can sit with them until she is at home.  So, that is my plan.  

My granddaughters are asleep downstairs with my daughter.  I think I shall take this opportunity to go back to sleep.  I sure had a good day with them yesterday.   I hope to have another one today.  You all do too, OK?

7 comments:

J-Online said...

Wishing you a wonderful day with your Grandchildren! J

Shannon said...

hopefully you are just peacefully resting right now... oh wait I think its 10.25 there? (2 hr differnce?) any way glad to hear that yesterday was good and why yes I will have a good day too

Scott W said...

So far, so good. I am on my away across the room to nap a bit.

dAAve said...

Enjoy your 3rd.

Syd said...

I get up most mornings around 6 AM but on weekends, I sleep sometimes until 8:30 AM, especially if I'm on the boat. It's that rocking motion and the fact that I'm up during the night to check the anchor, etc. Have a great 4th.

Anonymous said...

I got up this am with a big agenda and plans for a nap also. On work days have to pry my butt out of bed, but on days off I want to make the most of every minite!

Trudging said...

I know what you mean about the blessed nap. Have fun with your family today.