Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday Morning

It's a glorious Sunday Morning in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. I'm sitting here in my church clothes, all dressed up and ready to go to church. For some reason, today I "slept in" until 4:30 a.m. I don't know why I am waking up so early, because it keeps me in a pretty much constant state of feeling tired.

The little ones are asleep downstairs with their aunt. My daughter. The other daughter. The good daughter. Their mother is spending this weekend with her ex. Her current is out of town fishing and she felt she needed someone to babysit her (which is true) so she went to spend the weekend with the ex... the father of the children downstairs who is clean and sober a little over 18 months. They only have "supervised" visitation. My daughter hasn't seen her daughters since Easter Sunday. She hasn't done what she needs to do to see her kids. If it were up to me, she would be downstairs with them right now, but it is not up to me. It is up to her and MY ex and judges and lawyers.

What a mess it is when a person goes off the deep end. They tend to take a few people with them. Hopefully my sweet daughter will allow herself to get clean and sober and the other recovery will follow. But for the people who think they fine - all the problems are the fault of the "problem" person - they may never recover.

Lucky for me, I am a sober member of Alcoholics Anonymous. I have a program, I have a fellowship, I have a Loving God in my life. This doesn't guarantee that every day will be paradise, but I absolutely do NOT have to drink, and I don't have to go crazy, and I don't have to be miserable - no matter what is going on. That's a pretty good deal.

10 comments:

Scott M. Frey said...

prayers for those innocent kids, and their mom....

they are blessed to have you MC!

enjoy your Sunday! I'll be cleaning up for Mass soon, myself lol

J-Online said...

MC,
Wishing you a blessed day. We are dressed and waiting to go to church as well. What a wonderful feeling. What a wonderful God.
Jenn

Scott W said...

Yep, it's the best deal I have found.

Happy Sunday, MC!

Laura said...

Amen and Amen. I love your honesty.

You encourage me as a mom that there is hope for anyone who chooses each day to live clean and sober and takes the steps to do so.

Hooray!

Anonymous said...

WOW! You think (write) well, MC. I so want to inappropriately write, "I love you" when I read such beautiful sharing. But in fact, I DO love you--I love the God within you. I really believe He is in each one of us, and I respect Him there, and I LISTEN when He speaks through others, as He most certainly does through you, Mary Christine.
Thank God AND you (again! =sigh=)
Peace, always and forever,
Steve E.

Lou said...

Indeed,if addiction were only about the addict.But the "mess" and the "people they take with them."
Thank God for Al-Alnon,and all the other support He has sent to me.

Trudging said...

Thank you for reminding me of what I have to be greatful for.

Zanejabbers said...

You're damned right.

dAAve said...

yep

Pammie said...

Just think how beautiful life would be if our children would listen to reason or us...which feels like one in the same.
I'm glad they have their aunt, and grandma for the weekend...little green bean casserole