Friday, July 11, 2008

New outfit to wear on a Friday

Yesterday I went to physical therapy.  Once again, my physical therapist pointed to my high heels and told me it was the worst thing I could do to myself... well besides running.  She pointed to her own orthopedic looking things and told me I ought to be wearing shoes like that!  I told her "NEVER!!!"  But I did go shopping after I got out of traction, to look for some cute flat shoes.  I didn't find any, but I did find the above outfit.  I do have a couple of pairs of flat sandals, I will wear a pair of those today - with my new outfit.  I love wearing new clothes!

While I was shopping, my sponsee called me and as soon as I saw her name on my phone I figuratively hit myself on the head.  I had told her I would call her as soon as I got out of PT and we would have dinner.  Sheesh!  I totally forgot.  We met and had a deliciously evil mexican dinner - including dessert.  

When I got home, my phone rang.  It was another AA buddy - we talked for an hour and seventeen minutes!  What a wonderful way to spend an evening.   I love the fellowship.

Today I have several things to do at work that are big deals for me.  I better get to it!

12 comments:

Scott W said...

I love evil Mexican dinners. Did you have some glorious tres leches cake? Yum!

J-Online said...

Look at you fancy lady! Love the new outfit. J

Mary Christine said...

No Scott, I had bread pudding - pure carby evilness.

Lou said...

that's hot, girl!

Anonymous said...

Go shopping for shoes...end up buying a whole outfit, but no shoes! Yep, although I'm not into "outfits", that's US, that's US!

Anna is going to shop for a hat today--so she'll probably come home with a Yamaha Morphous 250 Scooter, (she LOVES mine!
Steve E.

Shannon said...

cuuute outfit!! OH man, I had to stop wearing all those cute heels strappy sandles etc, and now I wear comfy sneakers... LOL oh well... I still admire the cute shoes in the stores... lol oh well
anyway hope you hvae a good day today

The Boozeness said...

Lady in red! Very nice!
Thanks for being my first comment over on my blog. I've give your question a fairly detailed answer which you can read here:
http://ayearoffthebooze.blogspot.com/2008/07/day-5-my-first-comment-answered.html
The Boozeness

Pammie said...

Red always makes me feel GOOD.
Did you point out to the doc. that you wear running shoes ALOT and that should be good for you.
If you could not find any cute flats then you were not looking in my closet....I can't wear heels anymore because of an old surgery on my foot....but I can love me some cute flats little...red hot tamale.

Syd said...

I had to laugh about the ugly ortho shoes. I'm glad that I'm not burdened with the choice between heels or ugly ortho shoes. Mine are all fairly ugly.

Zanejabbers said...

Honey, you just can';t go wrong with RED. Evil Mexican Dinners are my fave. Then top it off with a FLAN. Yummy. When you hit your head over your sponsee call all that came to mind was "You could have had a V8"

Anonymous said...

Fabulous outfit -- it begs for wickedly teetering dangerous shoes! How I loved your peeptoe specials

Hugs

Mary

Laura said...

Hello!

I'm glad to have found you. I hopped over from BHM's blog...and appreciate your words. I have 2 siblings who are in recovery and sober now for quite sometime. I'm so proud of them and have seen a rebirth in their lives that's amazing and wonderful. May it always be!

God bless you.