Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sweet Thursday

I get to go to Physical Therapy today!  Yay!

I am going out for a walk this morning - instead of run.  I will see how this works out.  I don't know when I last set out to take a *walk*.  

Yesterday I went to a memorial service for someone associated with my workplace.  I am glad I brought plenty of Kleenex.  I sure did cry.  When I looked around the room and saw all the people there, people from far and near, lots of folks who have retired and have moved on, it really made my heart glad (and sad at the same time).  I am so blessed to work where I work.  

There is a new blogger on the block.  He is a 75 year old man who lives in Florida.  He has been sober for 34 years!  He is very excited about blogging his experience, strength and hope.  It would be great if you could go over and welcome Steve E.  

10 comments:

Pammie said...

I don't know if I've ever heard you say the word "walk" before either. Gosh I hope you enjoy it so that you can heal your poor body...little banana nut bread

Lou said...

Oh,I'm feeling for you. I'm all discombubulated when I can't run. Walking will do for now.Just think how strong your body will come back after this (enforced) rest.
Going for a run now..sorry,just had to say it!

Syd said...

Remember that instrumental Walk Don't Run...
Thanks for the blog link to Steve. I'll check it out. Have a great Thursday.

Anonymous said...

MaryChristine, how can I thank you for sending to my blog some real people!...Looking over some of our postings (yours and mine) of a week ago, I thank God you were patient and tolerant and believed I was serious about b'ing.

Guess this should be private, but, what the heck, I have no secrets any more!

Please slow down...and stress LESS! I love ALL your blogging friends, who will one day also be my b'ing friends. Thanks again!
Steve E.

Zanejabbers said...

Gorgeous Roses from yesterday. Remember Walk then run.

Trailboss said...

You and Pam crack me up with your food names for each other!

Shannon said...

hope the walk was good. I love walking. YOU have inspired me to become the runner I am becoming. I can do 2 miles in 18.5 minutes... :D
and yes I will go great our new blogger thanks for letting us know about him
come read my blog if you could, something weird happened and would sure love to hear what you have to say

J-Online said...

I want what you have! You are simply amazing! Jenn

Scott W said...

I saw you walk across a parking lot and even saw you walk through Lambda Center!

Scott M. Frey said...

wow, a walk... I'm not quite sure what to say! lol