Thursday, July 31, 2008

Record Breaking Heat

Five Day Forecast
This is hot stuff for the foothills of the Rockies.  Hot.  And I am weary of it.  And I dread the arrival of my utilities bill.  AND, I thank God I was able to get AC installed in here 4 years ago, because prior to then, I would have had to live in a house that was incredibly hot in this kind of weather.  (update:  this weather is always current - so although it said at the time it was expected to be over 100º, it will now say whatever today and tomorrow, etc., temperatures are expected to be.)

I have a triathlon on Sunday - in 100º heat.  There will be people dropping like flies - hopefully one of them will not be me.  Well, actually I am pretty sure that one of them won't be me.  

I am going to go out and run right now.  I am actually really looking forward to it.  It is *only* 68º outside now, which will feel like heaven.

It is just an ordinary work-a-day day... and life is good.  

9 comments:

dAAve said...

You can take it.
Enjoy the day.

Scott W said...

Ordinary fills in the gaps between the highs and the lows. Enjoy!

Pammie said...

It seems odd that you aren't heading off to your Thursday morning prayer group anymore doesn't it?
stick ice in your bra.
I can't even imagine a world without A/C...how barberic.

Trailboss said...

I have had A/C literally all of my life. I can't imagine not having it but then I live in a very hot climate in the summer.

I remember when Scott went to New England once, Maine I think, don't remember and they had no A/C and a heat wave came through. It was not a good thing.

Anonymous said...

"It is just an ordinary work-a-day day... and life is good."

What a beautiful thought...and life is good." (Had to read it again!)

Mowed grass yesterday (Naples, FL), and it was 90, BUT, bit of breeze coming from somewhere--thought it was from the Rockies.

I'm still alive...and life is good.

Lou said...

let them drop...less competition

Syd said...

We didn't have AC in Virginia when I was a kid but in the deep south it is almost essential. I guess that global climate change has made quite a difference and will make more of one in our lifetime.

Trudging said...

It is hot here too. It gets hard after a while.

Zanejabbers said...

yeah about the A/C. Enjoy your run.