Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wednesday

I haven't posted a picture of my feet for a long time.  Last night I took off my shoes and walked outside in my bare feet and it was an amazing feeling.  You can see the marks from my shoes that I had on all day.  Sometimes it is just good to take off your shoes and let your feet feel grass and dirt.  

I am off to meet a sponsee at a meeting this morning, then we will meet for a while afterwards.  I look forward to this every week.  I am so glad.  I had begun to believe I was just too selfish to sponsor anyone - they all frustrated me so much.  But I am now down to 2 women, and they both want to be sober.  They both listen to what I have to say.  They both really do the deal.  The one I am meeting this morning wrote me a beautiful message on my birthday :

"Happy Birthday Mary!  Thank you so much for the time and energy you've given to me.  You are a great sponsor and I love you dearly.  Love you, ______" 

Well, hell, I have waited all my sober life for a note like that!  What a blessing it is.  I will have to remember that the next time I am having the life sucked out of me by some newly sober crazy woman - just like I used to be.

Have a great sober day everyone.  XXXOOO, MC

9 comments:

Lou said...

Hardly anyone writes something personal on a card anymore. To me that is important, taking the time to be a little orginal. Nice to get that from her, for sure.

Pammie said...

oh lord, could we switch sponsees for the day?
I'll throw in a bar-b-q sandwhich and some sweet ice tea with lime.

Scott W said...

Your toenails need some oxygen, they look a bit purple!

I have not had good luck at sponsoring. The shortest lasted 2 days, the longest 2 weeks.

dAAve said...

She didn't sign her name? She just left it blank?

LOL
Pam has good BBQ, I'm sure.

Sunshine said...

That's so awesome! To see the light come alive in another woman! GREAT WORK!!! and every spring I make sure to play ball bare foot in the grass, just to remember how it feels. I think you can even smell the grass and earth and dirt better when you're bare footed! : )

Syd said...

I like the toe nail color. As far as sponsees, I am glad that you have 2 good ones. I am glad to not have any at the moment. And I guess that is selfish.

Anonymous said...

You have a great day too, twinkle toes! I have a 100% success rate with sponsee's...I am still sober.

Trailboss said...

I am barefoot every day when I get home from work. I rarely wear shoes at home unless I am out w/the horses and sometimes I go barefoot there too. My husband freaks out when I do. He is so afraid I will get stepped on. I might but oh well....I have AFLAC!

Anonymous said...

Since popular opinion vetoed the private blog, I went ahead and devised a plan that will allow me to write a (hopefully) private post. It is something I've been thinking about writing for quite a while...today is a good day to share and I think my plan might actually work (and I'm just burying a comment on an old post to be extra cautious). You can probably figure out what this post is about. If you'd like to read it, it is saved at the link below. This little plan is only for a day or two and then I'll get back to my version of normal...

thanks for sharing everything that you blog about on a daily basis. I find your experience, strength and hope both helpful and thought-provoking and it is always appreciated.

NEWPOST