Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday July 14

I told you I would be posting pictures of Alaska for years to come!  This one is from the train, you can see a bit of reflection in the window - darn it!

I am off to an AA meeting this morning and then to work.  I have a (work related) meeting at 9:00 that I had intended to bring a stack of papers home on Friday so that I could spend the weekend reading and preparing for this meeting.  However, I did not do that.  When I remembered that I forgot the papers I still did not drive to my office to get them.   I didn't want to!  So there!

I was invited to my son's house for lunch yesterday.  It was his first weekend in his new and first ever owned home.  What a thrill it was to allow him to walk me through and show me all the stuff he thought was cool.  And there is lots of cool stuff in that house.  Like the plum colored pool table,  the marble bar, and the flat screen huge ass TV with surround sound speakers everywhere.   We sat on the patio in his lovely back yard.  I just had to hold myself back from crying the entire time - tears seem to be my favorite response, whether happy or sad.   I am very happy that my son is able to buy a lovely home and that he is happy about it AND that it is only 4 miles from my house!!! YAY!

I better get going.  I have some 4 inch heels to wear to the meeting and to work today.  I will throw my flats in my bag and drag them out later.  When I want to be sensible.  

I don't wanna be sensible!

13 comments:

Lou said...

Repeat to yourself..NO bringing work home.

How awesome for you & your son. And I find myself crying whether I'm sad or happy..what gives?

Pammie said...

Mary, please write out STEP 2 and put it in your 4 inch heels.

Anonymous said...

There's a sensible-looking face on top that mountain, looksl like ME! I don't wanna be sensible either, but I like to APPEAR that way =grin= well, sometimes.

These past few weeks I feel like a Free spirit, (Boy, PATRICK will sure make a big deal out of THAT!) writing to my heart's desire. Fun. Going to two-a-day meetings, Who Woulda Known?

MC ya could not have done any "work' over the weekend, you were either blogging, commenting, or Emailing (seemed like) every waking moment. To quote: "Love it, love it, love it!"
Steve E.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

My last drink was at 10pm friday. This is the longest time I have been sober in 12 years. I was looking around for something to read to get me through a craving and I found your blog. I've only read the first several months of 2005, but several things you said resonated so strongly....it felt like a revelation. It helped me so much!!! There are no AA meetings nearby, though I'm unable to drive even if one were close. I think I'll read this the next time I get a craving after dinner...I'm no longer shaking and the feeling like I want to crawl out of my skin is finally abating. Thank you for being here, you have my deepest gratitude!!

~S

Shannon said...

ahahah I love it!

Zanejabbers said...

Good for your son sharing his day with you.

Shannon said...

hee hee work those shoes gurl!

Scott W said...

I can't wear 4" heels any longer, it absolutely kills my back.

Bill said...

Has anyone done a serious and thorough examination of the relationship between a woman and her shoes?

Scott W said...

Bill, I thought that was called Sex in the City.

Trailboss said...

I can't EVEN remember the last time I wore heels. I used to wear the biggest spike high heels I could find. That was when I had the legs to wear them! Nowadays my normal footwear is either steel-toed work boots or my riding boots.

Scott M. Frey said...

I usually bring flats for after lunch myself ;-)

(HA, I got to say it before dAAve this time lol)

That is so awesome about your son and his new home... I am so happy for you all, that he's home!

(by the way, how come no one called me for the financing?? lol kidding...)

I so want to go to Alaska!

Trudging said...

I am with Scott, 4 inch heels kill my back these days.