Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday Morning

Those were the pizzas I made for dinner last night... cooked on the grill.  I thought they were pretty.  They tasted pretty too.

I am off this morning to my old homegroup.  It is about 20 miles away from here.  I need to go there.  I need to go be with some people who have known me since I got sober.  I need to go be with people I have known for decades.  I need to sit in a group where people, like me, who are celebrating 24 years of sobriety get told "that's a good start, keep coming back."  I am going to write my name on their calendar and come back next Saturday morning to celebrate my birthday.  I can't do it today because I will need to leave the meeting early to go get my granddaughters!  Yay!  

Yesterday was a wonderful day.  I talked on the phone a lot.  I laid around in bed a lot.  In the afternoon, I got up and went to my nail salon for a pedicure and manicure.  They were busy, so they parked me in one of their pedicure chairs... soaking my feet, and enjoying the massaging chair.  I swear to you, it worked the kinks out of my back from the car accident.  I feel so much better!

So, I get to be nana this weekend.  I am excited about that... even though those little girls wear me right out, it is good.

Blessings to all.  Let's all stay sober this weekend, OK?

6 comments:

Pammie said...

I will if you will - little pizza pie.

Scott W said...

Those places where everybody knows your name is good for the soul!

dAAve said...

Worn out in a good way.
Enjoy this day, grandma.

Anonymous said...

This morning (after my meetings) I said to Anna that for a couple days now, I only feel completely safe and completely OK, when I'm in an AA room full of people like US. This started Thursday, but Thursday seems like it was ten days ago. Don't know what's messin' with my head, but I just wanted someone other than me--to know that even 34 years sobriety--and LOTS of meetings--does not insure serenity, happines, and peace of mind. I KNOW WHAT!--I'll call one of those sponsees who have not learned how to use their telephone yet. Letcha know later...
Steveroni
We're going Italian tonight! Ummm!

Zanejabbers said...

Sounds like a plan. Enjoy the GDs.

Syd said...

How do you make pizza on the grill? I'd like to do that for one of my boat trips. Sounds good.