Saturday, July 05, 2008

Fellowship

What a blessing it is to be part of this wonderful fellowship.  Yesterday I went to a meeting, an AA picnic, spent time on the phone with some fellow AAs and generally had a nice day full of AA people.  

This morning I went to a 6:30 meeting and then to a park to hear a 5th step.  If nothing can make you grateful, hearing the 5th step of another sure can.  

The daughter who is living with me has shingles.  She is really hurting.  Yesterday I bought a bag of lemons and made lemonade for her.  I don't know why lemonade sounded to me like something someone with shingles would want, but it did.  I think she appreciated it.

I am going to take a nap now - then I will bake another pie - because I have another AA function to attend tonight.  

Life is so good, it just astounds me.

5 comments:

Scott W said...

Prayers for daughter for sure. I know that is painful.

What kinda pie? I had cherry pie and vanilla ice cream last night.

Shannon said...

freakin A life is good! I am sorry to hear about your daughter being in pain, I hope she finds relief soon. enjoy your nap

Bill said...

It all sounds good (except for the shingles).

Trailboss said...

My husband has had shingles many many times.....probably about 25. They are very painful. I am so sorry she is going through that. I wish her well.

Lou said...

Sounds like a great 4th all around.
Life is grand & amazing.

I see a lot of shingles at work(in patients,not co-workers!)and it is a hard to treat bugger.I feel for her.