Sunday, December 10, 2006

12.10.2006

Yesterday all of my plans changed. And that was a good thing. Last week someone posted a comment about me planning my days. It is easy to plan your days when there is no one else involved in them. When you have people in your life, your plans are apt to change, and that is a good thing.

So at the meeting yesterday morning, one of my friends was having a problem, so I asked her if she wanted to have breakfast with me. Yikes. Breakfast out is something I virtually NEVER do. It is my idea of a bad start to a day, but I had a friend in need, so I went. After a while, a bunch of other drunks showed up and we sat and laughed and had a great time. I told them that I didn't feel like putting up my Christmas tree, but felt I had to because of the granddaughters. Well, two of my old friends said they would come over and help me with it.

Last night, three of us decorated my Christmas tree. Oh, it was such fun. I have never done this with someone other than family, so it was so different, but just so much fun. I wanted a picture of all three of us in front of the tree, but I got a picture of two of them, and they took the above picture of me.

I got asked to speak at the Friday morning meeting this week. I tried to say no because I am also speaking on Saturday night... and this sounds like an overdose of Mary Christine. The friend who asked me to speak on Friday morning convinced me that they are two entirely separate groups, and therefore mostly different people. And I am only supposed to talk for 20 mins. on Friday - Saturday night I get the whole hour. hmmm.

"I may attain 'humility for today' only to the extent that I am able to avoid the bog of guilt and rebellion on one hand and, on the other hand, that fair but deceiving land which is strewn with the fool's-gold coins of pride. This is how I can find and stay on the highroad to humility, which lies between these extremes. Therefore, a constant inventory which can reveal when I am off the road is always in order." -- As Bill Sees It, p. 12

12 comments:

dAAve said...

If I could ...
on Friday,
I would come listen (for 20 minutes) to you speak about life by yourself.
on Saturday, I would come listen (for 60 mintues) to you speak about life with other humans.

Anonymous said...

What fun it is!

Some unexpected gifts of fun with friends happening. Your tree and you look glorius!

Unknown said...

How cool you decided to mix things up a bit and look how wonderful it turned out :)

John took his first run with the Nano. It had fun playing around with the Nike site. He was saying you can have ten friends on there to share with. Do you have friends on the Nike page? I suggested he contact you but I think he may be feelin a tad shy ;)

Happy Sunday ~
G

Scott W said...

Oh, I would love to hear you speak. This little blog community brings us close together despite the miles apart, and it's rare that we get to meet in person. And I have been curious as to what everyone looks like since most pics are cropped or faces half hidden...sooooooo, I photoshopped that pic of you, messed with the contrast and brightness and *VOILA* there was Mary Christine! hehehe

Mike said...

I need to figure out where you are speaking on Saturday night. Any hints would be appreciated.

I wish I had read your blog about the christmas tree a week ago. I have it about 1/2 done and cannot get into it.

Mike

Mary Christine said...

Oh my Goodness! That is a horrible picture of me! eek! I thought I was safe in the shadows.

Scott M. Frey said...

great photo of you and your tree... I would totally sit through two of your leads back to back. I think (as I have said before) you're an angel, with an awesome AA message and a huge heart! And besides, each lead is different anyway! They're like snowflakes!

Pammie said...

That is so great. You found the "good" in every situation !!!
Speaking both nights will be a great Christmas blessing for you. Someone will be planted out in the chairs, specifically to hear one little sentence.

JJ said...

Nice tree
Nice you
JJ

Unknown said...

Ditto what dAAve said.

I gotta take a picture of my tree! Holey brain syndrome attacks again! I think I really do have Mad Cow!

Petutes said...

Hi MC-It's been crazy so I have not been able to comment. Your tree is beautiful and I put mine up last Tuesday although I'm not in my own apartment as often, I must come by to check on my Kitty. I would love to hear you speak but it's the night I'm volunteering at Botanic Garden's Blossoms of Light. I don't normally do speaker meetings all the time but I went to the York Street club to hear a fabulous speaker this past Saturday after a tiring day at the store but it lifted me up. We tend to over extend ourselves a little.
Have fun.
Karen

Petutes said...

Hi MC-It's been crazy so I have not been able to comment. Your tree is beautiful and I put mine up last Tuesday although I'm not in my own apartment as often, I must come by to check on my Kitty. I would love to hear you speak but it's the night I'm volunteering at Botanic Garden's Blossoms of Light. I don't normally do speaker meetings all the time but I went to the York Street club to hear a fabulous speaker this past Saturday after a tiring day at the store but it lifted me up. We tend to over extend ourselves a little.
Have fun.
Karen