Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Too Sick

I am only posting because I don't want anyone to worry needlessly about me. I am still sick as sh**.

I have a fever, so I probably don't make sense, but the one thing I have to say is "I miss myself." I want to be the me I see the evidence of all over this place. The me who leaves coffee cups with lipstick on the rims, the me who has running shoes by the bed - with the cutest little socks you ever saw, the me who runs through this place like a tornado - always in a hurry, always running late. This is now my fourth day without running. I wouldn't even consider going outside and walking right now. In fact, I think I might should go to the doctor, but I have not got the strength to do that. I feel BAD.

I am going back to bed. Thanks for all of your well-wishes. You guys and gals are wonderful.

When we became alcoholics, crushed by a self-imposed crisis we could not postpone or evade, we had to fearlessly face the proposition that either God is everything or else He is nothing. God either is, or He isn't. What was our choice to be?" -- Alcoholics Anonymous, p.53

12 comments:

dAAve said...

You're also a lifetime survivor.
Obviously.

Anonymous said...

Darn, I was praying you'd feel better today. Better say a few extra for tomorrow...hang in there "you" will be back soon.

Mama Dukes said...

is there a me in there who asks others for help? I hope so and I hope you feel better soon.

Pammie said...

bless your heart...hang in there.....it's gotta end soon!!

Anonymous said...

Oh MC you go and rest up. It must be going around. One of the managers I work with got ill and left yesterday (things coming out of the front end) and at 3:00 am this morning Mitch was puking too. What is happening?

At least when you get you back you will have a deep appreciation for your healthy state. (hope that did not get too confusing)

Ok, back to your rest.

Scott W said...

I know what choice you made, MC. It's all to obvious.

You are taking antibiotics, right? The Dr had to add cortisone to knock my bronchitis out. It cuts down on the inflamation. Add to that some Mucinex to break up the nasty mucous and you should be well soon.

Shannon said...

Mary Christine I hope the rest helps you feel better. stay warm, drink plenty of fluids and call someone and see if you cant get to the dr.. ok.
you will be back to normal soon. or abnormal like daave says ahahahha

Anonymous said...

you are such a sweetie mc..I can
know it stinks being sick but sometimes I think its the universe trying to get you to stay in one place for a little while longer.
snuggle up and relax with some nice warm tea :) sending you get well wishes...thanks for sharing.

Sober @ Sundown said...

I wish you a speedy recovery.

JJ said...

JJ says get your ass to a doctor NOW. Thank you very much.
JJ
PS: Until then bed, fluids, and I'm sending over some virtual chicken soup.

Mike said...

Hope you are well soon.

I am so glad we came to hear you.

Let it snow let it snow

Pam Jarnagin said...

See, even when you're delirious, you still make sense!

And you're still reaching out, sharing your experience, strength and hope. Thanks so much for just being you, (((MC))).