Thursday, December 21, 2006

So much snow.

It's almost spooky out there. It is totally silent and everything is shrouded with several feet of snow. I got an e-mail from the Governor asking me not to go to work. Well, I guess I can comply with a request like that! It has been a week since I have been to work now, and I am really anxious to get back though. Really.

I almost finished the last pair of socks for Christmas presents (see HNT) but ran out of yarn. It will be days before I will be able to get more yarn. I have not run for 6 days now. I don't even know if I will be able to get out of here tomorrow. Thank God I did that little bit of Christmas shopping on Tuesday night, because the little ones have their pressies under the tree, and that is the important thing.

I have not been to a meeting since Saturday and I really would dearly love to go to a meeting. I have been on the phone a lot with my AA friends. We are all homebound. When I was new in AA, I would spend hours each day on the phone with my AA buddies. I think about ten years ago this really changed when I got my first computer and internet access. Suddenly we were e-mailing. I think I prefer the phone or face to face. Maybe it is just because that is how it was when I was new. I don't know.

I am so grateful to have a warm home, plenty of food, all that I need. Especially that I have friends and family who care about me and my welfare. I am grateful to be part of this wonderful sober blogging community, thank you all.

"The lone member at sea, the AA at war in a far land - all these members know that they belong to AA's world-wide community, that theirs is only a physical separation, that their fellows may be as near as the next port of call. Every so importantly, they are certain that God's grace is just as much with them on the high seas or the lonely outpost as it is with them at home." -- As Bill Sees It, p. 9

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean we aren't going water skiing this afternoon?

Anonymous said...

That's a load of snow! ;) Today I am grateful for Florida!

Nettie said...

You know, I'm actually jealous! I love having a white Christmas and we aren't getting any! The pictures are beautiful and I just might have to pull them up Christmas morning so we can enjoy snow electronically!

Take care.

Anonymous said...

Lucky that your lonely outpost is your home, and that you are feeling better. Santa can still find you in all that snow, don't forget.

Anonymous said...

Once I went to an evening meeting on Christmas Day. For some reason, the block on which the Alano Club was located had lost power. And only one other person showed up. But the two of us had a candlelit meeting to rival all other meetings I had been to.

Peace, warmth and yarn,
Dharmashanti

Mike said...

I would have invited you to our meeting via telephone this morning, but didn't know how to do so quickly.

Stay warm, happy, joyous, free and sober.

Shannon said...

I am so glad the govener told you to stay home... WOW that is amazing... I am glad to you all have power?
My dad is somewhere in Denver and I hope he is safe and warm! sending warmth your way... we need to get you a treadmill at your house so when you are snowed in you can still run!

Anonymous said...

That does look kind of spooky doesn't it?
I am so glad you are safe and warm too MC...sending you cyber cocoa and lots of love..Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

That's lot's of snow. I remember being in boarding school when the snowstorm of '78 hit the NE. 52" of the stuff. We could not get out of the dorms. IT was fun for like a day, then it sucked.

Pammie said...

I can't even imagine that kind of snow! I'm so glad you are safe and warm.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better. I bet you get quite some work out shoveling snow. I know this does not match up to your running but a good upper strength balance.

:)

Happy NHT!

JJ said...

Unbelievable storm. I'm glad you are safe and sound. Don't shovel too much.
JJ