Saturday, December 30, 2006

Plowing out

Two plows came through my little neighborhood last night at about 8:00. We all emerged from our garages with shovels in hand, happy to shovel out the five foot bank of snow and ice from the ends of our driveways. It was a lot harder than we thought it would be. But I am so so so excited to be heading out of here to a meeting this morning.

I am going to an AA meeting!!!! I am so freaking excited!!! I will see a bunch of people I love and hear about how they have weathered the storm. I talked to a few of them on the phone yesterday, but that just doesn't take the place of a real AA meeting.

Have a happy Saturday everyone.

"Such is the paradox of AA regeneration: strength arising out of complete defeat and weakness, the loss of one's old life as a condition for finding a new one." -- AA Comes of Age, p. 46

10 comments:

Pammie said...

Yahoo....you're gettint out. Share some of your good stuff, that you give us here with your loving posts!!

JJ said...

Don't you just love having to shovel all that snow the plow leaves at the end of your driveway. I know I don't. Have a great weekend.
JJ

Mary Christine said...

I was THRILLED to shovel that because it meant I could get out of here. I didn't think I was going to be able to get out all weekend.

Anonymous said...

At least you still have electricity and can stay in touch with us.

Shannon said...

I am so freakin excited for you too!!!

Anonymous said...

My God look at all that snow!!

I wish I was there, I haven't seen snow in a year or two.

Anonymous said...

It is great to hear your excitement about going to a meeting. Although the snow is such a pain, it is beautiful to look at.

Scott M. Frey said...

good luck diggin' out, one shovelful at a time!

Anonymous said...

How was your meeting? How you holding out with being semi-snowbound? How many snowmen have you made?

lash505 said...

Thats great your getting out of the giant pile. Hope there is little in the future.