Sunday, December 31, 2006

Day for an Annual Tenth Step?

This is a picture from the park where I took a very slow 3 mile run yesterday. It was such a beautiful day - the sun came out and melted a little bit of snow. It was so good to see the sun again.

Today I will do some reflection on where I have been in 2006. Both physically, emotionally, and spiritually. It has been a good year, although a bit challenging. I feel very grateful to be in a very different place spiritually than I was a year ago. I still have a long way to go, but with the grace and help of a loving God, I am sure I will get exactly where I am supposed to be.

I think it is probably telling that the only goal for 2007 that immediately comes to mind is that I want to run a half-marathon. This latest injury is going to have to heal before that happens. I will spend some time today considering what else I would like to strive towards.

Thank you sober bloggers. You have added immensely to my sobriety. I am grateful for each and every one of you. And now I shall head out to the 7:30 a.m. meeting across town, and see who I run into there! It is always fun.

"Must AAs spend most of their waking hours drearily rehashing their sins of omission or commission? Well, hardly. The emphasis on inventory is heavy only because a great many of us have never really acquired the habit of accurate self-appraisal. Once this healthy practice has become grooved, it will be so interesting and profitable that the time it takes won't be missed." -- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 89

8 comments:

JJ said...

That is one awesome picture just like you. Happy New Year MC.
JJ

Recovery Road London said...

Happy New Year and all the best for 2007!

Great pic, as always!

:-)

Scott M. Frey said...

yeah it is definitely time fo some reflection here as well. It has been a year of change for me... and probably more to come in 2007. I've done my business planning for 2007, it's time for personal planning and reflection as well. Thanks for the reminder... and what a glorious morning that must have been, great photo!

Anonymous said...

When in a good spiritual condition, I am taking my inventory just about every hour.
Regardless, thanks for being an integral part of my recovery during 2006. Here's to more E, S & H for 2007.

jake said...

MC, You have added immensely to my sobriety. I am grateful that you encouraged me to become a part of this medium....Love ya...D

Pammie said...

What a beautiful picture...you are such a gentle soul...so glad I found you out there in blogdom.

Anonymous said...

oh MC thank YOU for your sharing online with us.I love your balance in life with recovery.You have an out going personality that reminds me too that health is just as important on our journeys as the spiritual and emotional stuff.
Have a Happy & Healthy New Year!
love Tab xo

lash505 said...

Great photo I can't wait to get there. No meeting tonight mother in law and wife won. happy new year